frm level i urgent

Good Student

frm level i urgent

Postby shah.vishal » Sun May 12, 2013 9:33 pm

The price of a 3?year zero coupon government bond is 85.16. The price of a similar 40year bond is 79.81. What is the one-year implied forward rate from year 3 to year 4?
Please help for solution with step and concept

Good Student

frm level i urgent

Postby vnraghuveer » Tue May 14, 2013 9:50 am

Dear Vishal,
I think there was a typing error. It must be 4 year bond price which is 79.81. Notify us if we're wrong but for the time being, let's solve assuming it's 4 year and not 40 years.
The price of a zero coupon bond which matures in a year is nothing but the face value discounted by the corresponding rate which applies to that period.
So, here the price difference between a 3 year bond and a 4 year bond is nothing but the discount applied by the forward rate between 3rd and 4th year.
i.e. the 85.16/(1+f) = 79.81. which gives f = 6.7%

Return to “FRM Part I”

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to and we will rectify it.