Good Student

Postby mayankmundhra30 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:12 am

This is Mayank. i took the FRM part 1 Package. I have some doubts which are:

1) Why multicollinearity result in type 2 error? could you give a practical example of multicollinearity?
2) why the critical value for two tail F test has alpha/2 instead of just alpha?
3) What do you mean by statistically significant?
4) Is there any relation between type 1 error value and type 2 error value?
5)Could you please explain Gauss Markov Theorem and GARCH Model in simple words?
6) please also explain EMWA model in simple words?

I request you to resolve my queries.

Thanking you

Finance Junkie

Postby edupristine » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:03 am

Hi Mayank

Statistical Significant- statistical significance is attained when a p-value is less than the significance level (denoted α, alpha) In Statistical Hypothesis Testing.

Good Student

Postby mayankmundhra30 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:04 am

I have a doubt in a question already solved in the FRM part lecture handouts.The question is on joint probability and conditional probability.
Could you please explain the final part in that example? The question goes like this calculating the conditional probability of market being good when ibm stock is down.

Return to “FRM Part I”

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.