Good Student

Postby mayankmundhra30 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:06 am

1) Simon invests in a three year corporate bond at a par value of $100 paying coupon of 4% semi-annually. He wants to assess value of his investment after one year using following spot rates. What is the value of his investment post one year?

Choose one answer.
a. 101.30 Incorrect
b. 100 Incorrect
c. 102.10 Correct
d. 102.40 Incorrect
The correct answer is C
[$2*e^(-0.025/2*1)]+[$2*e^(-0.026/2*2)]+[$2*e^(-0.027/2*3)]+[$2*e^(-0.029/2*4)]. This is discounting coupon and principle flows of the bond using spot rate for corresponding maturities
Why There is a 2 in the denominator. The question has a table. i am unable to copy. The question is from FMP New Quiz part-2. The question number is 10.i think there is no need to divide rate by 2 as spot rate are given for 0.5 year, 1 year, 1.5 years respectively.
Please reply at the earliest.

Finance Junkie

Postby edupristine » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:28 am

Hi Mayank

In this Question coupon value is semi annualy.

Return to “FRM Part I”

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to and we will rectify it.