MKT EFFICIENCY QUERY

deepakkrkanodia
Finance Junkie

MKT EFFICIENCY QUERY

Postby deepakkrkanodia » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:34 am

what exactly do we mean by anomalies in market efficiency?

plz explain the line " The bottom line for investors is that portfolio management based on time series data, cross sectional data and other anomalies will likely be unprofitable"

according to my understanding, anomalies prove that markets are inefficient and so mispricing of securties is there. please tell if my understanding is correct or not.

if my understanding is correct, why does the above line says portfolio management will likely be unprofitable?

Regards

deepak

pankaj
Finance Junkie

Re: MKT EFFICIENCY QUERY

Postby pankaj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:23 am

Yes, your understanding is correct, but also there are some anomalies which can't be capitalized (very minimal difference in price) because the administrative and other cost incurred will be higher than the profit arising from capitalizing anomalies.

deepakkrkanodia
Finance Junkie

Re: MKT EFFICIENCY QUERY

Postby deepakkrkanodia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 pm

pankaj

ok thx. got it

regards

deepak

Return to “FRM Part I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.