Postby content.pristine » Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 pm

Hey Everyone! :P
The big day is finally over with! 8-)
Well,... how did it go??!!?? :D

blackjack21
Good Student

Re: How was your Exam?!?!?!

Postby blackjack21 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:55 pm

I think I screwed it. Schweser's question bank ditched me. It looked so easy at the time of preperation but exam's level was way above it. I didn't have a look at Pristine's question bank, so can't really say much on that.
:? :roll: :o

Ppl Do post how was your paper...plz!

@Content pristine: What can be considered as a cutoff keeping in mind the results of previous years papers?
50%
60%
70% or more...

blackjack21
Good Student

Postby blackjack21 » Sun May 20, 2012 11:50 am

14 views and no reply. lol.

content.pristine
Finance Junkie

Postby content.pristine » Sun May 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey BlackJack!

Thanks for your reply! 8-) As of now, you are my only frame of reference..
What I feel is that if it was tough for you, it would be tough for everyone.. In that case, since GARP scores using Quartiles, you could still be safe, as long as it was hard for everyone :P So definitely don't worry too much about cuttoffs :D

Did you give our mock-tests? Was the exam on the same lines as the mock?

Any more of you want to share your experiences?

8-)

blackjack21
Good Student

Postby blackjack21 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm

I didn't appear for mocks. I just didn't have time, that time I was busy with my semester exams and after my sem concluded there wasn't really much time left for one revision, but I went through Schweser's Q. Bank and the level of the paper was no where close to what I faced in the question bank.
Also I think Pristine should provide a question bank along with the preparation material book. Just a suggestion from my side. I had a look at GARP's facebook page and many people are crying about Schweser's material not living up to their expectations this time. I think GARP is in for some real change now with more focus on the books rather Schweser's notes but then there were many people at the exam site who bragged about reading between the lines from Schweser's notes. I don't know whether they were really vouching for it because in my preparation I focussed more on concepts and less on questions and you people know it very well. I have been flooding this forum with lots of silly doubts. Sometimes when I look back at the posts I feel like "Am I the only one who is asking doubts?" :P :P
Last edited by blackjack21 on Sun May 20, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soumyadeep.sinharay

Postby soumyadeep.sinharay » Mon May 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Last edited by soumyadeep.sinharay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

soumyadeep.sinharay

Postby soumyadeep.sinharay » Mon May 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Last edited by soumyadeep.sinharay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

suresh.wadhwani2009
Finance Junkie

Postby suresh.wadhwani2009 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Agreed with Soumyadeep. According to me schweser notes are good. In that the questions after every topic is of below level, those qns arejust for understanding teh concepts. I think teh practice paper of scheweser was good.

GARP practice papers helped a lot. I remember that 2 qns in actual paper was directly copied from garp 2012 sample paper.

Commenting on pristine teaching methodology, quizzes (q bank), and mock test. M not very much satisfied with teaching methodology. Though I will surely praise the pristine team for their quizzes on every topic (2-3/topic). Quizzes helped me in making my base strong. Mock test 1 was in line with actual exam. Mock test 2 was so so. But in all kudos to pristine team for their support.

Now fingers are crossed till 6th July. :roll:

blackjack21
Good Student

Postby blackjack21 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Congrats to both f you in that case...I didnt have a look at past year's papers...guess I shd have...Where did you find those vaR and options quesns during your prep?

suresh.wadhwani2009
Finance Junkie

Postby suresh.wadhwani2009 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Dear Blackjack,

There were 4 quizzes on options (more than 110 qns) provided by pristine, and 3 on VaR (more than 100 qns)

I think they were covering almost all the concepts. Though some unnecessary qns were also there in options quiz like on exotic options and implied volatility which is the syllabus of level 2. But any ways quizzes were best.

Anyways right now we both are on the same boat. waiting for the results eagerly. :|

Return to “FRM Part I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.