How was your Exam?!?!?!

parmit68

Re: How was your Exam?!?!?!

Postby parmit68 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Everyone,

I think questions were based more on fundamentals. I did mistake in calculating VAR questions..Actually I didnt remeber the formula for Delta normal VAR.

For me also most answers seemed to be option C.

Though the pedagogy in pristine seems to be good but the materials are nothing very great.

Theory questions options were very close.

blackjack21
Good Student

Postby blackjack21 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I missed out on those quizzes :(
I can only hope for the best...

@Suresh: How did you solve that passage in which APT model was given and we were reuired to find beta.Was that weighted beta?

suresh.wadhwani2009
Finance Junkie

Postby suresh.wadhwani2009 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Dear Blackjack,

Sorry, But I really don't remember the qns. Only 4-5 qns are haunting my mind in which I have wasted my precious time,
:|

blackjack21
Good Student

Postby blackjack21 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:09 am

k...np...most of the ppl said studying from Jorion helped...do you think that is required? @Suresh

suresh.wadhwani2009
Finance Junkie

Postby suresh.wadhwani2009 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 am

Dear Blackjack,

After doing schweser, hull for FMP an doing pristine quizzes, I only did all the qns of Jorian. I have not read the material of Jorian. So cant comment on that.

Referring to jorian is required or not, I think that is subjective matter. I was not having much time (effectively 2 months) so it was not possible for me to refer core readings and jorian. So I have just referred Schweser and Hull (i think this is best for FMP).

Buddy, don't worry much. Just wait and pray that we both refer jorian in level 2.
:)

blackjack21
Good Student

Postby blackjack21 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Yeah, I hope so man...but I did not refer to Hull's quesns cuz the guy who told me about this exam asked me not to...heard about Jorion for the first time...nyway lets hope for the best :)

manish.g
Good Student

Postby manish.g » Sat May 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi,
I thought exam was a bit lenghty ( just randomly answers some 8 - 9 ques in the last ) and definetly tougher than schwezer practice exams. Pristine's mock was infact tougher than real exam. I am also not confident as to me time was the concern.

Regards
Manish

content.pristine
Finance Junkie

Postby content.pristine » Sun May 27, 2012 11:42 am

@ Soumyadeep: The passing details you've given me based on quartiles seems shocking to me. :oops: I'll try to look more into that..

@Blackjack and Suresh: Jorion is a really good book. I've used that when I was studying for my FRM (a long time ago though :oops: .. )Its much much more concise than Schweser 8-) .. However, there may be an issue about its completeness because it is not updated that often.
The core readings are the prescribed readings for FRM, but since every chapter is written by a different author who uses different notations, it tends to get a bit tricky..

@ Everyone: Thanks a ton for your feedback!! Wish you all the best for your results 8-)

Return to “FRM Part I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.