FoRM

madhuri1682
Good Student

FoRM

Postby madhuri1682 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:29 am

Kalpesh argues with Jayesh that the Sharpe Ratio and the Treynor ratio are similar with only some difference. He lists the following difference.

I.Sharpe uses the standard deviation, Treynor uses beta
II.S is more appropriate for well diversified portfolios, T for individual assets
III.For perfectly diversified portfolios, S and T will give the same ranking, but different numbers (the ranking, not the number itself, is what is most important)
Which of these arguments is/are correct
Choose one answer.
a. I and III only
b. I only
c. All of the above
d. I and II only
The correct answer is all of the above.
Incorrect
Marks for this submission: 0/1.

isn't treynor measure more appropriate for well diversified portfolios.

Tags:

madhuri1682
Good Student

Re: FoRM

Postby madhuri1682 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:31 am

please answer my question

content.pristine
Finance Junkie

Postby content.pristine » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Madhuri,
I understand that your exam is around the corner. However, please understand we answer queries within 2 business days.

The second (II) option is wrong.
Since the risk measure in treynor ratio is systematic risk, it is better for well diversified portfolios.
The answer is A.

8-)

madhuri1682
Good Student

Postby madhuri1682 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

thank u..:)

Return to “FRM Part I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.