Mock Test 4th Nov

naresh.thkr
Good Student

Mock Test 4th Nov

Postby naresh.thkr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:17 am

An investor has a short future contract on the stock of Glaceau Ltd. He entered into the contract at $90.Each contract has 25 stocks with a current market value of $2250. The initial margin for the contract was 800 and maintenance margin is $ 550. At what price of the stock, the investor will get a margin call:
Choose one answer.
a. $80
b. $ 100
c. $ 75
d. $105
In this question answer should be ( d ) but correct answer is ( c ) and explanation says ( b). I guess there is something wrong in explanation. Correct me if i am wrong.

Tags:

balajismz
Finance Junkie

Re: Mock Test 4th Nov

Postby balajismz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 am

Yes, what you have mentioned is right, reckon they will award marks accordingly

Balaji

content.pristine
Finance Junkie

Postby content.pristine » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Answer B is Correct!!!
The question Says "Short" so A and C are NOT the answer.
Any value ABOVE $100 will give you a margin call.. but NOT $100.
Hence $105 is the answer 8-)

8-)

I know its a bit tricky. However, this is certainly an exam type quesions

8-)

naresh.thkr
Good Student

Postby naresh.thkr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi Pristine,

Thats wht i have said, here answer should be 105 and not the other options.

A/c to Explanation its 100. I dnt know how they have calculated.

Any way we both are on same page.

Thanks.
Naresh

Return to “FRM Part I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.