Mock Test 4th Nov

naresh.thkr
Good Student

Mock Test 4th Nov

Postby naresh.thkr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 am

An investor is long in a 2 year American Put option of Riverstone Ships. The up move factor is 1.23. The risk free rate is 3.5%. The current price for Riverstone Ships is $12. Which of the following is true based on one period binomial model, if the strike price of the option is $18.
I.The probability of up move is 0.47 and probability of down move is 0.53
II.At Year 1 up move, The investor should not do early exercise of the option, since option is worth more unexercised
III.At Year 1 down move, The investor should do early exercise of the option as option is worth less unexercised
IV.The value of the option today is $5.38
Choose one answer.
a. I,II and III
b. I,III and IV
c. II,III and IV
d. I and III only
Answer should be C instead of B.

Tags:

naresh.thkr
Good Student

Re: Mock Test 4th Nov

Postby naresh.thkr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 am

In this case, answer should be III and IV which is not there in option.

balajismz
Finance Junkie

Re: Mock Test 4th Nov

Postby balajismz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 am

you are right, the solution given is incorrect

Balaji

Return to “FRM Part I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.