mock 2 paper 2

vandana.jain
Finance Junkie

mock 2 paper 2

Postby vandana.jain » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:39 pm

http://www.edupristine.com/infrastructure/mod/quiz/review.php?q=2397&attempt=55195

in question 23 how to calculate this and why 2nd option and 4th option is not correct

question-35 how to calculate this?

Tags:

content.pristine
Finance Junkie

Re: mock 2 paper 2

Postby content.pristine » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:01 pm

Is your query with respect to:

23. 23. Alan Junwen is a student of Quantitative studies. He is learning about various distributions that a data can possess. He has prepared a report on t-distribution in which he has noted down the following characteristics of t-distribution.
I. When compared to the normal distribution, the t-distribution is more peaked with more area under the tail.
II. It is defined by single parameter which is degrees of freedom. For a sample of 30 observations, the degrees of freedom for t-distribution are 28.
III. The confidence interval for a random variable that follows a t-distribution must be narrower when the degrees of freedom are less for a given significant level
IV. T-distribution is symmetrical about its mean. It is appropriate to use t-distribution when sample is less than 30 from populations with known variance.
Which of the characteristics told by Junwen about t-distribution is/are correct:
A. I and III
B. I and II
C. IV only
D. None is correct

and

35. A research Analyst predicts that stock of SYG Ltd will either remain flat or will decrease in next 5 days. The probability of SYG remaining flat is 0.28. The expected value and variance of the number of days when SYG stock will decrease in a 5 day period would be respectively:
A. 1.4&1.01
B. 3.6 & 1.01
C. 1.4 & 1.96
D. 3.6 & 1.96

Let me know..

8-)

Return to “FRM Part I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.