Postby rinku.rohra85 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Can anyone explain me how to calculate normalized eigenvector.

Postby yogesh » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:28 am

If A is a square matrix, Eigen vector for A is some non zero vector v which when post multiplied by A gives a constant multiple of A i.e. A*v=K*v where K= non zero constant.
Usually to find Eigen vectors and Eigen values we first find Eigen values by using the characteristic polynomial i.e. Det(A-KI)=0 where K= non zero constant and I= identity matrix
Once we solve this we would get Eigen values and correspondingly we can find Eigen vectors.
Normalized Eigen vectors are Eigen vectors whose modulus is one.
A=|2 1| Find Eigen value and normalized Eigen vector for this matrix
|1 2|
Using the characteristic polynomial Det(A-KI)=0
(A-KI)= |2-K 1| Det(A-KI)=(2-K)*(2-K)-1*1=4+K^2-4K-1=0
|1 2-K| Thus, we get K^2-4K+3=0 which gives K values as 3, 1
For K=3, we get (A-KI)*v=|(2-3) 1| |x|=0 thus we x-y=0 Thus, x=y
|1 (2-3)| |y|
Hence, an accepted value of Eigen vector is |1|. Here we see we can get a lot of Eigen vectors
Normalized Eigen vector, which will be unique for each Eigen value is 1/sqrt(2)|1|
Similarly, the other Eigen vector is 1/sqrt(2) |-1|
| 1|

Finance Junkie

Postby pradeeppdy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:58 am

Eigenvector Research makes tools to change data into information and answer a person requires.In consulting and training , EVRI is your source for chemometrics analysis software, .
It is used to analyzing and modeling data and implementing solutions.

Return to “FRM Part II”

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.