Var and Risk Budgeting in Investment Management

punkyash01

Var and Risk Budgeting in Investment Management

Postby punkyash01 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:28 am

Respected Sir,
In Chapter Var and Risk Budgeting in Investment Management
The topic covered Risk Budgeting across asset classes the risk budget for managers individually is 8.83 million. I am not able to understand how that figure came to reach to 15.3 million.I will be highly obliged if you look into the matter and explain me thoroughly through a video or theoretically.
And in concept checkers of this chapter only the answer to my 2nd question for weights of manager a and b
The weight of manager a is 45.71% but the weight of manager b is coming to 38%

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Re: Var and Risk Budgeting in Investment Management

Postby edupristine » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am

Hi,

The figure of 15.30 million have been arrived by taking square of the equation

i.e. √8.8322+ 8.8322+2×8.83×8.83×0.5 =15.296 or 15.30

Please describe your doubt a little more (related to weights of managers), so that we can revert properly.

Return to “FRM Part II”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.