Week 3 Financial Modeling cost build up

davidblumberg54

Postby davidblumberg54 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:37 am

Paramdeep

I assume by RM you are talking about finished goods. I have to go back and review but where are beginning / end of the period inventories considered? You appear to be only looking at sales of inventory.

Historical RM (assume finished goods) costs are entered and sales are entered in the P&L. The purpose of sales and cost build up seems to be to verify the historical numbers. Is this right? And once you verify then you may go forward and calculate projections?

Company I work for has 28 products in 4 different sizes and with over 50 raw materials with about 20 used in more than 1 product. The process you have explained seems extremely cumbersome. What are the alternatives?

Regards

David DavidBlumberg54@Gmail.com

pristine

Postby pristine » Fri May 30, 2014 5:35 am

Hi David,
I am assuming that the scope of the your question is confined to " Week 3 Financial Modelling Cost Build Up " `exercise as explainded by Paramdeep.

1) We can also build the model using beginning/end of the period inventories but in this particular model, for simplicity we have only considered sales of inventory.

2) In this cost build up exercise, Paramdeep has explained the underlying methodology to to arrive at total RM cost in a very lucid manner. Once the cost has been calculated for a financial year, it can rightly be projected for future time periods.

3) For building up a financial model for your company, I would suggest start preparing it using the methodology as explained. Once you have a strong hold on the basic concepts used in this modelling, you will find it easy.

Nevertheless, please start preparing the model, and whereever you get stuck, I would be happy to help you out.

Thanks

Return to “Open Source Financial Modeling”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.