Quey regarding DCF Valuation

arorashivam033

Quey regarding DCF Valuation

Postby arorashivam033 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:17 am

My query is when we are calculating Value of firm through DCF model why we use this formula i.e. EBIT(1-Tax rate). More or less this formula depicts that firm would be paying tax on EBIT value which is not fundamentally correct as firm always pays tax on PBT and my second query is why Margin money kept in bank has been ignored while calculating increase in working capital in free cash flow for firm?

Tags:

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Re: Quey regarding DCF Valuation

Postby edupristine » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:53 am

Hi Shivam

While calculating value of the firm, we are calculating FCFF which is Free cash flow to the firm. This includes both debt and equity holders. For Equity holders, the income is PAT and for debt holders income is Interest. So, to calculate FCFF we need to include both incomes as it is for both debt and equity holders. EBIT has both components, so we use EBIT.

arorashivam033

Postby arorashivam033 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:31 am

Thank You so much for the reply and I would like to ask you one more question as I was trying to solve FMCG Case Study by my on. So I am stuck at Interest Calculation Part as Interest should also be calculated on the new loan raised but value of new loan to be raised has to be calculated from cash flow. But without interest calculation I can not reach the PAT level which is the first step for cash flow. So please sort it out or leave a contact number so that i can contact for the same.

Best Regards
Shivam Arora

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Postby edupristine » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:06 am

Hi Shivam

Will you please share the excel of FMCG Case Study with us?

Return to “Open Source Financial Modeling”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.