Financial Model required for HERO MOTO CORP SPLIT with HONDA

roshan09mba

Financial Model required for HERO MOTO CORP SPLIT with HONDA

Postby roshan09mba » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi All,
Similar to the Igate patni merger case taught in class... I plan to work on the Hero moto corp Model post the demerger/Split of Hero Honda and currently have only been successful in filling up the past data from 2006 to 2011 balance sheet cash flow and PnL...
I dont understand how to go about the projections....

the little analysis that I have done shows that the only other comparable and listed peers are Bajaj and TVS.
But the fact lies that 2 wheeler industry is very cut throat.. with unlisted rivals like Royal enfield and Yamaha, new entrants like DUKE... Old friends and now competitors like Honda, and big guys who are now venturing in 2 wheeler business like mahindra with kinetic motors etc!!

I have managed to arrive at the conclusion that Hero will get the newer markets for export openeed up where it earlier could not venture!! but at the same time will have to spend its money on setting up its own RnD!! also how fuel price will affect the bike sales and thereby affect financials is also something I cannot figure out!! where DO I LOOK FoR THE DATA and what ratios do I initiate my analysis with still remains a concern!!

PLease Help!!!

prasad.ajinkya

Re: Financial Model required for HERO MOTO CORP SPLIT with H

Postby prasad.ajinkya » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 am

Roshan,

I believe you can get some data from the presentation of last year's CFA Institute's Challenge (2011). They had done an analysis of Piaggio & C, heres the link about the event -
http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/press ... 53086.aspx

I did have a chance to look at their presentation (which was too good), I think the presentation will also have citations of where it got all that data. Here's the link to their presentation -
http://researchchallenge.org/Documents/ ... Report.pdf

The good part about this is that India was one of the suggested geographies for Piaggio, so you have some data available in this which could be of help!

ashish.86agarwal

Re: Financial Model required for HERO MOTO CORP SPLIT with H

Postby ashish.86agarwal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm

you can access to money control.com to get all data regarding your task.

Return to “Open Source Financial Modeling”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.