Postby babajideoluwaseun » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Just few Questions for you..

I have 5 years loss data.

Dates on Column A and Loss data on column B

I noticed that in column A we might have 10 incidents that happens in a day which is my Frequency?

Pivot table can add all this incidents together to give me the number of incidents that happened which is discrete but this will also add all my losses together for that particular date with losses associated with it.

Am i thinking in the right way?

Date Losses
2/02/2012 £4000
2/02/2012 £3000
2/02/2012 £500

frequency will be 3

3 £12000

for other days, it goes on like that,

Now I just need to find my mean standard deviation to know what type of distribution I need to use?

Am i in the right direction?

Thank you

Site Admin

Re: Frequency

Postby admin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Yes you are right. You will fit a distribution on the frequency calculated and similarly on the loss amounts which combined will give you the losses in a particular period.

Return to “Operational Risk”

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to and we will rectify it.