Credit Linked Notes

swarnendupathak
Finance Junkie

Credit Linked Notes

Postby swarnendupathak » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:24 pm

Is my understanding CLN is correct? I have understood the following steps for creating CLN:
1. Investor A purchases Bond & purchases CDS for protection from default risk.
2. CDS seller B sales CDS to Investor A & gets regular premium from A.
3. Now CDS seller B issue CLN to CLN investors, say C & gets Cash in return from them.

So, as per the above steps CLN seller is a protection seller & reference assets for CLN is a bond that have been purchased by investor A. Hence if any credit event happen with the bond issuer then the investor A will trigger for payment from B & in turn B will get the defaulted bond from A which will be finally transferred to CLN investors. Please state is my understanding is right or wrong??? as many books it is mentioned that CLN issuer is a protection buyer.

Thanks in advance for ur reply.

pradeeppdy
Finance Junkie

Credit Linked Notes

Postby pradeeppdy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 am

yes this is correct CLN is a kind of insurance. Here finally defaulted amount should be bear by CLN investors so it is a protection to buyer.

pradeeppdy
Finance Junkie

Credit Linked Notes

Postby pradeeppdy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:32 am

Yes , CLN is is a kind of default protection to the buyer .

Return to “CFA Level I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.