Cost 2000000
Finance Amount 1700000
Tenure 24 months
Interest rate to customer 5.88%
Upfront deduction for subvention 88000
Total Interest (customer+subvention) 11.16%
Payment to Company from SFS After 90 days
EMI from customer for 24 months $75,253

I need help in calculating IRR for both to determine which scheme is favourable, and also to determine if any other tenure should be chosen to boost profitability further.

Thanks

Tags:

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Re: IRR

Postby edupristine » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 am

If the cash flows given by you are correct, then below is the attached excel file representing the solution of your question:
Cashflows.xlsx
(12.86 KiB) Downloaded 586 times

waroon.chhabra

Postby waroon.chhabra » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks for the reply

I also wanted to know, is there any way to calculate if there is a better tenure period which will offer a better IRR than the 24 month period IRR

Thanks

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Postby edupristine » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 am

To calculate the tenure we need interest rates and subvention amount at all maturities to calculate IRR. So please give the interest rate for the period you want to calculate the IRR.

Return to “CFA Level I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.