Ethics

jaskaur992

Ethics

Postby jaskaur992 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:02 pm

As according to Standard VI (A), members and candidates must disclose all the matters to their employers/clients that can reasonably impair their Independence and objectivity, or interfere with their duties to their clients/employers.

So for example if they receive any additional compensation for referring a particular company's stocks to their clients, they must disclose this arrangement to the clients every time they make such recommendation to them.

In continuation with the above example, doesn't this standard go against Standard I(B), independence and objectivity, as per which, the member must not offer or accept any gift or compensation in the first place, that can impact his/her objectivity and independence??

Disclosure comes once you have accepted something.
It is only after accepting that we are required to disclose.

So doesn't Standard I(B) get violated in order to comply with Standard VI(A)?

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Re: Ethics

Postby edupristine » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:32 am

Hi Jaskaur
conflicts between standard I(B)and IV(A)-
Standard I(B) addresses the intergrity of the investment process and revisits the dangers inherent in a conflict of interest and these investment processes are not influence to other outsider however standard IV(A) is the standard of professional conduct is devoted to the responsibilities we owe to our employer.

jaskaur992

Postby jaskaur992 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi, I am sorry but I was referring to the difference between Section I(B) - Independence and Objectivity, and Section VI(A) - Disclosure of Conflicts (of interest)

You are referring to Section IV(A) - Loyalty (to employers)

Am I missing some link please advise?

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Postby edupristine » Mon May 23, 2016 6:01 am

Hi Jaskaur

the primary intent of Standard VI (A) is to protect the employer.disclosing conflicts of interest protects clients and the public.

Return to “CFA Level I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.