Finance Junkie

Postby chandniwadhwani92 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:54 pm

1.Depositary recipts
It represent ownership i foreign firms ad are traded in market of other countries
what would b the currency denomination ???/
For ex- If Indian company is listed in japan.here currency denomination would b in rupee or yen??????
In schswer it is given Although the investor does not have to convert to the foreign currency the value of depository receipt is affected by exchange rate changes..
What does these sentence means??

Finance Junkie

Postby edupristine » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am

If an Indian company is listed in Japan, the currency denomination would be Yen i.e the currency of the country in which ADR is listed.

As mentioned above, the ADR is always quoted in the currency in which the ADR is listed.

Now taking the same example of India & Japan, suppose an Indian company is listed in Japan, the value of ADR will fluctuate depending upon the fluctuations in Rupee - Yen exchange rate.

The investor himself does not need to indulge in currency conversions because this is taken care of by ADR authorities.

Return to “CFA Level I”

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.