IDC

deepalipawar91

IDC

Postby deepalipawar91 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:52 pm

Do we charge IDC on average debt outstanding or absolute debt outstanding? Which one is more advisable and why?

edupristine
Finance Junkie

IDC

Postby edupristine » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:17 am

Hi, IDC is calculated on weighted average expenditure during the construction timeline not the total debt outstanding. This can be explained with the help of an example:
Company "X" is constructing a branch office. The total cost of construction is estimated as $1 million and occurs over a six month time-frame. The costs include the purchase of the office for $800,000, and construction costs of $100,000 per month. Company X financed the purchase of the office with debt at 6.5%, while the remaining costs of the project were financed using Company X's existing debt structure at 6.0%. IDC will be calculated as follows:
Interest for purchase on office: $800,000*6/12*6.5%= $26,000
Interest for construction cost: $300,000*6/12*6%= $7,500
Total IDC= $33,500
Expenditure is estimated on weighted average during the construction i.e. $300,000 and not on absolute i.e. $600,000.

Return to “CFA Level I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.