doomed by this quiz

arvindanallen

doomed by this quiz

Postby arvindanallen » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Following data for XYZ, Inc is available:

Retention = 30%
ROE = 20%
k = 12%

Using the infinite period, or constant growth, dividend discount model, what would be the value that a CFA analyst would get for the price of XYZs stock assuming that next years earnings will be $4.25.$5
Choose one answer.
a. $58.30.
b. $45.45.
c. $83.3.
The correct answer is $83.3.
Incorrect
Marks for this submission: 0/1.

i selected a) and second of all what is 4.25.5?????

one more question

he question is which one of these is least accurate?
the last option is the least accurate....i dont know how is the first one least accurate?
Choose one answer.
a. An investor may determine the required rate of return for the dividend discount model (DDM) by adding a risk premium multiplied by beta and adding the product to the nominal risk-free rate.
b. Business risk is a component of a country's risk premium.
c. An investor can estimate the growth rate for the dividend discount model (DDM) by multiplying the firm's return on capital employed (ROCE) by the firm's dividend payout ratio.

i selected c as the least accurate cuz growth rate= roe times the retention rate....

Tags:

arvindanallen

Re: doomed by this quiz

Postby arvindanallen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:05 pm

please if anyone know that either i am wrong or the quiz is wrong..then plz post

pankaj
Finance Junkie

Postby pankaj » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 am

Yes, the answer for XYZ stock price should be option(A) i.e.58.3
Solution:

Retention Rate 30%
ROE 20%
k(Cost of Equity) 12%
E1(Earnings Next period)5.00
Growth Rate 6.00%
Payout Rate 70%
Div1(Dividend Next Period)3.5
Stock Price 58.33

And the answer for second question should be option(c). Option A & B are correct.

arvindanallen

Postby arvindanallen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 pm

thanks pankaj but dont u think this is so rediculous....that u give a quiz and if answers are themselves wrong then wats the use if giving such quiz

kaushik.srikanth

Postby kaushik.srikanth » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:55 pm

For the second question........

I agree with you that Growth Rate = ROE multiplied by the retention rate.....but for the first option, The calculation of ROR using the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) is determined by adding a risk premium multiplied by beta and adding the product to the nominal risk-free rate......and not the DDM.....

Option A is the answer .......guess there is a mistake in the third statement .......should ve been ROE instead of ROCE......

arvindanallen

Postby arvindanallen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:54 pm

the question says for ddm not to ad ddm......

Return to “CFA Level I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.