either i am wrong or the quiz master is dumb- plz be alert

arvindanallen

either i am wrong or the quiz master is dumb- plz be alert

Postby arvindanallen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 am

i checked it in schwezer....and the answer to the question is that close ended funds always or atleast mostly trade premium to their nav's....i dont know who creates these quiz's but i am seriously taken back by the quality.....plz guys be carefull

Closed-end funds are generally traded at
Choose one answer.
a. Discount to their NAVs
b. Premium to their NAV’s
c. At par to their NAV’s
The correct answer is Discount to their NAVs.
Incorrect
Marks for this submission: 0/1.

pankaj
Finance Junkie

Re: either i am wrong or the quiz master is dumb- plz be ale

Postby pankaj » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 am

Generally shares of close-end fund are initially issued at a small premium to their par value, this premium serve as compensation for issuers issuance cost. However, once the close-end fund shares begins to trade,their price is determined by supply and demand in the secondary market. Therefore, the shares of close-end fund may trade at a premium or discount to the actual NAV.

Whatsoever, i completely agree the question given in the quiz is wrong, It is not structured properly. We will try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Return to “CFA Level I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.