corporate finance-II

bhuyanpk
Good Student

corporate finance-II

Postby bhuyanpk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:15 am

The invoice terms is given as: 3/15 net 90. If discount is not taken, there is some annualized cost of trade
credit. Which of the following is true?
A. For payment of invoice on 30th day, annualized cost is 16.98%. If discount is not taken in 15 days
then company should make the payment on the due date.
B. For payment of invoice on 45th day, annualized cost is 44.86%. If discount is not taken in 15 days
then company should make the payment on the due date, i.e. 90th day.
C. For payment of invoice on 60th day, annualized cost is 28.02%. If discount is not taken in 15 days
then company should make the payment on the due date, i.e. 60th day.

Can you pls explain how the calculation happening here?

Tags:

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Re: corporate finance-II

Postby edupristine » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:00 am

day30.png
day30.png (5.24 KiB) Viewed 27354 times

day45.png
day45.png (82.53 KiB) Viewed 27989 times

day60.png
day60.png (85.3 KiB) Viewed 27989 times

bhuyanpk
Good Student

Postby bhuyanpk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:56 pm

i know these formulaes used for calculating but 1st and 3rd one is NOT returning the figures as mentioned.Second thing is choice B is correct because of first part of statement that is annualized cost 44.86%? or the second part of statement?

In all of the above choice options are correct or incorrect due to which part of statement?

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Postby edupristine » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:31 am

Option (b) is correct. Its statement 1st and 2nd both are correct.
The answer will be correct only if both the statements are correct. In option A, 1st part is incorrect, In option B, Both the statements are correct. In option C, 2nd part is correct.

Return to “CFA Level I”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.