Industy and Company Analysis

Industy and Company Analysis

Postby sahiljindal1990 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Which of the following conditions is most likely to indicate that barriers to entry into an industry are low?

A) The industry has significant economies of scale.

B) Market shares have been stable over the last two business cycles.

C) Investment capital is available at low cost.

Answer:The Answer to this question was C but I marked it as A.
As per My understanding When barriers are low AC is decreasing which means Economies of Scale
Tell me whether I am thinking right or wrong..

Re: Industy and Company Analysis

Postby sujithmeno » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 pm

The option c seems to be the most likely, because economies of scale means the firms exist in an industry are operating with a low-cost model due to their effective investment, operating efficiency & experience that they acquired in the long-run scenario. This should be a put off for the new entrants.
In short, economies of scale are attained in the long run.

Among the options, availability of low cost funds is a more likely incentive for new entrants so that their investment return is more likely to keep them in a positive NPV territory.

Return to “CFA Level I”

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to and we will rectify it.