Corporate Finance

sanbiz20
Finance Junkie

Corporate Finance

Postby sanbiz20 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:51 am

Could you explain the formula for cost of equity considering that the effect of taxes.

I tried to derive it myself using the basic WACC equation but my formula is different from the one mentioned in the textbook.
Due to technical reasons i am unable to upload the image of my derivation here. hence request you to kindly provide me the derivation of the formula.

Tags:

edupristine
Finance Junkie

Re: Corporate Finance

Postby edupristine » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 am

Please find the enclosed file.
Attachments
screenshots272.jpg
screenshots272.jpg (42.56 KiB) Viewed 31 times

sanbiz20
Finance Junkie

Re: Corporate Finance

Postby sanbiz20 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:10 am

Kindly note that the derivation that you have provided does not take into account the effect of taxes on the cost of debt. I have derived the same but the end result that i am getting is different from the formula mentioned in the book. Could you look into my attachment and guide me where I am going wrong.
Attachments
Cost of equity doubt.jpg
Cost of equity doubt.jpg (3.09 MiB) Viewed 14 times

Return to “CFA Level II”

Disclaimer

Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to abuse@edupristine.com and we will rectify it.