- In this session, we will take a look at the Commandments and Sins of Corporate Finance.
- If we are asked to choose 1 project among 2 where the decision based on NPV and IRR conflicts, chose the project that has the higher NPV.
- The decision to take a project based on Profitability Index is that PI>1.
- While calculating the cost of capital, remember to always consider the after tax cost of debt.
- Treatment of Flotation Costs – Adjust them to the initial project cost.
- Country Risk Premium = Sovereign Yield Spread * (std dev Equity Index of Developing Country/std dev Sovereign Bond in terms of the developed market currency)
The revised CAPM formula:
Cost of Equity = Rf + B(E(Rm)-Rf + CRP)
We hope that the above points were useful for your preparation. We will send you such useful information before the exam. If you want to know about a particular topic please write to us at email@example.com.
If you want to see what questions others are asking then please visit our forum.
Please feel free to write to us for any help regarding your CFA exams.