In this session, we will discuss the important points of Foundations of Risk Management:
1. Efficient Frontier: The optimal portfolios plotted along the curve have the highest expected return possible for the given amount of risk
4. Market risk is greater than as predicted by CAPM if correlation between return and inflation is positive
5. Risk can be classified into Operational Risk, Financial Risk and Market Based Risk
6. Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) emphasizes a comprehensive, holistic approach to managing risk, shifting away from a “silo-ed” approach of separately handling each organizational risk
7. Problems with Beta: a) It is Backward looking b) It is estimated with error c)Dependent on how the regression is structured and whether the stock is publically traded in the first place
8. 4 Steps in AIRMIC Risk Management Process: (i) Identification of risk management and enterprise objectives (ii) Risk Assessment (iii) Risk Treatment (iv) Risk Monitoring
9. Poor Data can impact your financials: increase operating costs, increase penalties, delays in
10. GARP Code of Conduct: (a) Principals (i) Professional Integrity and Ethical conduct (ii) Conflicts of Interest (iii) Confidentiality; (b) Professional Standards (i) Fundamental Responsibilities (ii) Adherence to generally accepted practices of risk management
11. Semi-standard deviation is used in the calculation of Sortino Ratio
12. Stack and Roll strategy was used in Metallgesellschaft
13. LTCM was a hedge fund using highly leveraged arbitrage trading activities in fixed income in addition to pairs trading
Now that you have read about FORM, you might want to enhance your learning and read about Quantitative Methods. To do so, just follow the link!
Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc
CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to email@example.com and we will rectify it.
2015 © Edupristine. ALL Rights Reserved.