support@edupristine.com1800 200 5835Request a Call
Call Me

CPA FAR Exam Format

CPA FAR Exam Format

Want to become a CPA? If you are one of those persons, who want to make a career in this profession and to serve the general public, it is important to clear the CPA exam. To clear the exam, firstly, it is essential to understand the exam format of the CPA. The CPA exam includes 4 different sections, known as AUD, FAR, BEC and REG. The content provided below focus on the most important section of the CPA exam format, that is, FAR (Financial Accounting and reporting).

This section includes a wide range of topics. Applicants are anticipated to prove themselves by competing in several important areas.

Format of CPA FAR Section:

The CPA FAR Exam Format is made by the AICPA, who is responsible to administer the CPA exam internationally, for thousands of candidates.

This section tests the competence and knowledge of US GAAP that includes the financial accounting standards, concepts and application for nonprofit organizations, general business and government entities. The exam format comprises of three test lets that includes 30 MCQs for every test let to answer. This makes the total of 90 multiple choice questions that account for your 60 percent of your score. The rest of 40% comes from 7 task based recreations that do not involve any possible list of options to choose from.

The duration of the exam according to the exam format is 4 hours. You need to complete the exam within this duration and have to acquire a score of 75 or higher to clear the exam. The CPA FAR examination is conducted in any of the Prometric test centers as it needs to be conducted online.

Check out the CPA FAR curriculum to know more about the syllabus.

How to clear the exam?

When you have understood the CPA FAR Exam Format, the next step you need to take is to prepare the proper plan that leads you towards achieving the success in the CPA exam. The proper plan includes the beneficial tips and tricks to clear the exam. Some tips to clear the exam are mentioned below:

  • It is important to concentrate on every module, covered in the exam format of FAR exam.

  • You need to devote proper time and effort to study all the contents carefully.

  • Enroll in an online CPA Exam training center to get helpful training and tips to clear the exam and also know about the latest CPA FAR exam format because there might be some changes been made in the format by the AICPA.

  • Avoid skipping the difficult methods and concepts and hoping that they would appear in the examination.

  • If you are unable to study the material carefully, you can postpone your scheduled exam to another date.


Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc. (GARP®) does not endorse, promote, review or warrant the accuracy of the products or services offered by EduPristine for FRM® related information, nor does it endorse any pass rates claimed by the provider. Further, GARP® is not responsible for any fees or costs paid by the user to EduPristine nor is GARP® responsible for any fees or costs of any person or entity providing any services to EduPristine Study Program. FRM®, GARP® and Global Association of Risk Professionals®, are trademarks owned by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, Inc

CFA Institute does not endorse, promote, or warrant the accuracy or quality of the products or services offered by EduPristine. CFA Institute, CFA®, Claritas® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.

Utmost care has been taken to ensure that there is no copyright violation or infringement in any of our content. Still, in case you feel that there is any copyright violation of any kind please send a mail to and we will rectify it.

Popular Blogs: Whatsapp Revenue Model | CFA vs CPA | CMA vs CPA | ACCA vs CPA | CFA vs FRM

DM_marketing.php Post ID = 63920