What is Big Data & Hadoop?
Big data is a terminology used for large and complex amount of structured and unstructured data sets, which is analyzed using modern data processing application software and tools. Hadoop is a software framework for storing and processing Big Data. It is used to find and fix the challenges in capturing, storing, analyzing, data creation, sharing, transferring, visualizing, querying and updating the Data sets within an adequate elapsed time.
Though Big Data is a broader concept than Hadoop, Hadoop has become such an integral part of Big Data that many times both these concepts are used synonymously.
Who can pursue Hadoop Course?
Hadoop comprises of multiple concepts and modules like HDFS, Map-Reduce, HBASE, PIG, HIVE, SQOOP and ZOOKEEPER. These Hadoop tools are used to process the high volume, high velocity and high variety of data to generate value. To pursue this you need to have hands-on experience in Core Java and good analytical skills.
- Managers, who are looking for the latest technologies to be implemented in their organization, to meet the current & upcoming challenges of data management
- Any Graduate/Post-Graduate, who is aspiring a great career in the cutting-edge technologies in IT
- Software Engineers, who are into ETL/Programming and exploring for great job opportunities in Hadoop
Job roles after Hadoop Course:
Big data professionals can analyze all data & create useful information are highly sought after by companies across the world. There are different job titles and opportunities available for Hadoop Developers.
Here is list of job titles, which will help you making the right decision by assisting you in choosing the desired job role as a Hadoop expert. It is not just the tech companies that are offering Hadoop jobs but all types of companies including financial firms, retail organizations, banks and healthcare organizations.
A Hadoop Developer is responsible for the actual coding or programming of Hadoop applications. This role is like that of a Software Developer. The job role is pretty much the same, but the former is a part of the Big Data domain.
Hadoop Developers Job Description
A Hadoop Developer has many responsibilities. The following are the tasks a Hadoop Developer is responsible for:
- Hadoop development and implementation
- Pre-processing using Hive and Pig
- Designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting Hadoop
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights
- Create scalable and high-performance web services for data tracking
- Managing and deploying HBase
- Test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams
Salary and career opportunities
Hadoop Certification helps you to climb the step and rise quickly in your career. It Helps people who are attempting to move into Hadoop from distinctive specialized foundations. Minimum Salary of Hadoop developers is almost 6 lakhs per annum after completing the course.
Big Data Architect designs and builds efficient yet cost-effective Big Data applications to help clients answer their business questions. Sounds like what Enterprise Architects or Solution Architects typically do? But Big Data Architects are required to look at traditional data processing problems from different lenses. You must love data. Lots of data. Of good and bad quality. It also helps to be nimble, especially when it comes to newer technology. You should be judicious about tool selection and should have the ability to embrace open-source technologies, with all their good and challenging aspects.
Job Description of Hadoop Architect
Hadoop Architects, as the name suggests, are the ones entrusted with the tremendous responsibility of dictating where the organization will go in terms of Big Data Hadoop deployment. They are involved in planning, designing and strategizing the roadmap and decides how the organization moves forward.
This is what you can expect as part of your Hadoop Architect work routine:
- Take end-to-end responsibility of the Hadoop Life Cycle in the organization
- Be the bridge between data scientists, engineers and the organizational needs
- Do in-depth requirement analysis and exclusively choose the work platform
- Full knowledge of Hadoop Architecture and HDFS is a must
- Working knowledge of MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Java and Hive
- Ensuring the chosen Hadoop solution is being deployed without any hindrance
Salary and Career Opportunities
The Hadoop architects have lucrative opportunities for professionals globally. The market demands Hadoop Architect professionals having knowledge in depth of the Hadoop ecosystem. Average Salary of a Hadoop Architect is 4 to 10 lakhs per annum
Big Data Visualizer
A big data visualizer is a creative thinker who understands User Interface design as well as other visualizations skills such as typography, user experience design and visual art design. One of the most important aspects of big data is the ability to visualize the data in a way that it will understand easily and find new patterns and insights.
Job Description after Data Visualization
Data visualization is the presentation of data in a pictorial or graphical format. It enables decision makers to check analytics presented visually. This is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations. After Data Visualization you will be able to:
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Use the Tableau interface to effectively create powerful visualizations
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data
- Use bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations
- Create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions
- Share visualized data
- Attach the visualized data into Interactive dashboards
Salary and Career Opportunities
There are visualization jobs pretty much everywhere there is data. A good data visualizer will able to read the raw big data analyses, or even perform the analyses, as well as design, illustrate and create the results. That is why there are various career option available for you such as:
- Data Infographic Designer in News Agency
- Enhanced Assimilation of Business Information
- Quick Access to Relevant Business Insights
- Operational & Business Activities
- Predictive Sales Analyzer
After completing the Data Visualization coursethere are lucrative jobs with high paid salary is waiting for you. Average salary of a Data Visualization Profession is almost 9 lakhs per annum.
Big Data Analyst
Data analysts translate numbers into plain business data, whether it’s sales figures, market research, logistics, or transportation costs. A Data Analyst focuses on analysis of data and solving problems related to types of data, and relationships among data elements within a business system or IT system.
Job Description of Data Analyst:
Data analysts or you say Business Analysts are responsible of conducting full lifecycle analysis of Big Data. Following are important roles of a Data Analyst:
- They monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Develop data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Filter and clean data by reviewing computer reports, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Salary and Career Opportunities
There are different types of data analysts in the field, including operations analysts, marketing analysts, financial analysts, etc. In the current business climate, skilled data analysts are some of the most sought-after professionals in the world.
Data analysts work on different fields such as:
- Big investment banks
- Hedge funds and private equity firms
- Large insurance companies
- Credit bureaus
- Technology firms
Data analysts command huge salaries and excellent perks, even at the entry level.
Data scientists come together to solve some of the hardest data problems an organization might face. These professionals are skilled in automating methods of collecting and analyzing data and utilizing inquisitive exploring techniques to discover previously hidden insight from this data that can profoundly impact the success of any business.
Data Scientist Job Description:
A data scientist will be able to take a business problems and translate it to a data question. Data science is the study of the generalizable extraction of knowledge from data. Data Science course is not restricted to only big data. It talks about Business Intelligence and Analysis. Data Scientists have different key responsibilities such as:
- Building and optimizing of complex data using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
Salary and Career Opportunities
The career opportunities in data science are growing dramatically. Data Scientist jobs are among the most sought-after jobs in the tech world today. It is no surprise today that a Data Scientist is one of the most sought career paths. Expected Job Roles for the Data Analyst would be
- The Statistician
- The Database Administration
- The Business Analyst
- Data and Analytics Manager
Average Salary of a Data Scientist is 6 lakhs per annum
At EduPristine, our counselors can you to make a career in Big Data and Hadoop. They have counseled different professionals and students as well. If you wish to get into a one-on-one discussion with one of our counselors regarding a career in Hadoop, register here