While surfing the internet, you come across various things like some cool and funny memes, sometimes useful sometimes irritating ads, some viral videos, some amazingly written blogs, mobile apps, etc. Do you ever wish of creating any of these? If your answer was in affirmative then congrats you have made your career choice and that is Career in Digital Marketing
I know the first question arising in your mind is: What is the scope of Digital Marketing? By the time you reach the end of this blog, Iâ€™m sure that youâ€™ll be convinced that a career in Digital Marketing is the best choice that you can make.
Why Digital Marketing?
- The world is going Digital and by the year 2020, all the companies around the world including India will have online presence and thus creating a lot of career opportunities.
- It is a progressive field. With technology developing every day, you have to continuously develop your digital marketing skills so that your career keeps growing.
- According to this research, the digital economy is growing 10 times faster than the traditional economy and firms that engage in online trading are twice as likely to be creating jobs as firms that aren’t.
- It provides you with various career options. If you love coding, you can go for web designing or if you are a born writer, go for content marketing and so on.
- You donâ€™t have to spend sleepless nights mugging up the formulas that you are never going to use in your life.
- You can dress as you like so say bye bye to the boring formals.
Major Roles in Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager or Digital Director:
You can say that this is one of the highest position in the field of Digital Marketing. To attain this position one must atleast have 5-7 years of experience in Digital Marketing. The Digital Marketing Manager/Director looks after the overall marketing development devising strategies that will drive more traffic, undertaking digital marketing campaigns, making improvements in website and updating it regularly etc.
Web Developer & Web Designer
Social Media Executive and Social Media Manager
Job in social media is one of the coolest jobs but donâ€™t mistake it for only Tweeting and Facebooking, there is more to it. As a social media executive/manager you are required to keep a check on the latest social media trends and plan strategies accordingly, co-ordinate with the content team and client servicing team on regular basis, creating quality content or video etc. Knowledge about all the social media platforms and a lot of creativity are a must for this job role.
A well-designed website will be of no use if the company does not have people who can promote it and thus the company hires SEO executives who make sure that the companyâ€™s website is all over the web. SEO executives are responsible for getting traffic on the website and improving the Google rankings. They have to make sure that the content on the website is search friendly, conduct keyword research, research about SEO tools, build sitemaps and submit them etc.
The sometimes useful and sometimes irritating ads that we mentioned above are created by these people. They generate a lot of leads for the company and therefore there is a great demand for PPC professionals. As a PPC/SEM expert, you are supposed to manage PPC keywords, split ad groups, refine landing pages, generate reports, provide suggestions for ad copies and graphics, etc.
If you think that you can write better than what is already there on the web then you are perfect for this role. Responsibilities of a content marketer include creating content that has all the qualities of going viral, making sure that the content is promoted well through SEO, coordinating with other teams and incorporating their inputs in content, following content trends, etc. To get into content marketing you will need an impeccable knowledge of the English language along with a lot of creativity.
There are many other roles or designations in Digital Marketing that depend upon the company and their requirements. Some of them are:
- Analytics Manager
- CRM Manager
- Email Marketing Manager
- E-Commerce Manager
- Digital Agency Account Director
How much will I Earn?
So here comes the answer to the most anticipated question. The salary majorly depends on the type of organization and your role. Here, we give you a general idea as to what you can expect.
|Role||Salary in Rupees|
|Digital Marketing Manager||4 lakhs to 10 lakhs|
|SEO Manager||3 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|SEM/PPC expert||3 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
|Web developer/designer||3 lakhs to 6 lakhs|
|Social Media Manager||3.5 lakhs to 7 lakhs|
|Content Writer||2.5 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
Source â€“ Payscale
How do I start?
You donâ€™t require a special degree to get into Digital Marketing but a certification in Digital Marketing will help you to stand out in the crowd and the struggle to find your dream job will become very easy as you will have a higher hand over others.
EduPristine provides Digital Marketing training that covers topics like Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM), and all the important platforms and techniques used in Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing Masterâ€™s Program offerings:
- 100 hrs Instructor led Classroom Training by Industry Professionals with years of experience
- 15 hrs Soft Skill Training that helps with interpersonal skills, presentation skills and builds confidence
- Case Study for Real-Life Practice and better understanding of the concepts
- 1 Domain Name and practical website deployment
- 1 Business Email Account
- Prepare for International Certifications like Google, Facebook, etc
- 24*7 LMS access with a 1-year validity to study, revise and update any time anywhere
- Dedicated Discussion Forum for doubt resolving within 48 hours
- After Course Engagement (ACE) for after course knowledge sharing sessions
- Placement Assistance and Career Services to find the best job opportunities after the course in the Digital Marketing domain
EduPristine provides Digital Marketing course in India in 3 cities â€“ Mumbai, New Delhi, and Pune. Training is conducted in Classroom format over the weekdays at the centre. For more details on the Digital Marketing course eligibility, Digital Marketing course duration, Digital Marketing course fees, and more, please contact our expert counsellors or book an appointment for free counselling at our centres.
Here is the List of The Ultimate Guide to Marketing Interview Questions From HubSpot CMO
EduPristine offers career enhancement course in Digital Marketing that covers all the aspects of Digital Marketing which will not only give you theoretical knowledge but will also provide you practical training.
So don’t wait more and take your first step towards Digital Marketing.
If you have any questions or doubts regarding Digital Marketing, do mention it in the comments box below.
Related links you will like:
India: Hottest hub for Digital Marketing Jobs
Digital Marketing Manager: Job Description