Why financial analyst requires financial modeling skill sets:
It is the essential task of a financial analyst to evaluate the financial health of the prospective company. A financial analyst able to track the financial report to ensure smooth running of the business. This involves preparing budgets, analyzing trends, and creating MIS reports etc. To execute these tasks you must have the skill of preparing financial statements, financial forecasting as well as financial modeling.
Skills required for financial analyst:
As there are different roles and responsibilities in the finance sector, important skills are vary a lot. Financial analyst can clarify and explain the company’s finances with their analytical and interpersonal skills. Beside the written and verbal skills as a financial analyst you are responsible for various skills such as;
- Collating, preparing and elaborating reports, budgets, accounts, and financial statements
- Review company’s financial reports and find ways to reduce costs
- Monitor financial details to ensure that legal requirements are met
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Undertaking research into pricing and factors affecting performance
- An analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Developing and managing financial models with basic knowledge about Finance buzzwords
- Advanced knowledge of financial theory and the practical experience of working with MS â€“ Excel
Although financial modeling skill set have a beneficial impact on making better business decision, but it is not taught us in any finance or accounting courses. Financial modeling helps to reach at optimal business solutions by analyzing various parameters.
What is financial modeling?
Financial modeling is a skill which is built in Excel to forecast the financial performance of any business. The output of a financial model is used for decision making and performing financial analysis. Most of the financial analysts have to work with large amount of data as well as numbers. Almost each one of them uses MS Excel to create financial models to analyze and plan financial statements. A supremacy over financial modeling will give all the financial analysts an edge over others as they can do their work faster and accurately.
What will you learn in Financial Modeling?
Whether it is service industry or the manufacturing industry, all businesses are focusing to reduce the human effort to improve efficiency and output. Financial Modeling helps reach at optimal business solutions by analyzing various parameters such as operations, investment, financing and valuation. Financial modeling usually relates with corporate and quantitative finance applications. In financial modeling you will learn various aspects of business for
- Understanding and creating financial model template
- Learning excel skills – shortcuts, formulas, array function and pivot tables
- Understanding of the business model and operating model
- Performing Valuation using DCF and Comparable analysis
- Working Capital & Term Loan Modeling – Debt Infusion
- Estimating value of a Merger Transaction
- Calculating Enterprise value and Implied Market capitalization
- Building flexible Charts in Excel
- Understanding VBA – Sub & Functions
- Understanding Monte Carlo Simulation
- Breaking Circular Loops using Macro
- Building Primary & Secondary Axis in a Chart
- Making of different charts: Radar Charts, Waterfall Charts, Football field, Gantt chart etc.
When you learn to make a model correctly, and then understand how to use that model for various purposes of business.
How financial modeling helps to financial analyst?
A variety of financial jobs out there, financial analyst, financial manager, financial advisor and many more. Selecting finance as your profession, you can work in different positions within an organization. If you are looking for more growth in your career, financial modeling skill set will definitely help you.
Financial models are typically used to anatomize and analyze a company’s performance and make predictions about the company’s future. Due to having such knowledge in building a financial model, it will open up a wide variety of career choices for you in finance.
Not only the better career opportunities but also a huge salary hike you will get after completing the financial modeling training from a reputed institute. Average salary of 7 lakhs per annum you will get after getting the financial modeling certification.Â Â
Financial analyst make decisions to improve company’s financial performance. The major decisions including scheduling operations, preparing a budget, approving a capital investment, etc. This type of financial skills are developed only when you take part in a structured training of financial modeling.
If you have finalized your goal of attaining the Financial Modeling Course Certification, the next step is to enroll in a good institution that provides training for Financial Modelling and you don’t need too far to search for it. EduPristine provides training for the Financial Modelling Course that will help you to get a kick start in your career.