This blog will let you know how to gain more opportunities with your B. COM/BBA or another graduate degree, and acquire more senior roles within the shortest time frame, and save 3-5 years of your career, as you directly take a leap to managerial level from the executive level. Read to know which career in Finance will suit you best, and how EduPristine’s Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) Course can help you get there.
1) COMMERCIAL BANKING: Various function in a commercial bank comprises of operations department, credit and risk department, treasury department, liability management, audit, accounts.
Roles that you can get after CFA® : Credit Analyst, Loan Officer, Branch Manager, Trust officer, Mortgage Banker, Customer Service Manager.
2) INVESTMENT BANKING– Functions include advising large and mid corporates in terms of their expansion, strategy for acquiring certain businesses, helping in mergers and acquisitions.
Roles that you can get after CFA® : Financial Planning Analyst, Business Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Process Associate, Portfolio Manager, Risk Analyst.
3) CREDIT: Here the job functions that are of utmost importance include- credit rating, analysis, evaluating loans, recommending certain credit sanctions, identifying the borrower, repayment ability of the borrower, structuring of loans, securities and so on. Roles that you can get after CFA® : Area Credit Manager, Credit Officer, Regional Credit Manager, Credit Risk Analyst, Branch Credit Manager, Credit Processing Associate, Assistant Credit Manager.
4) INSURANCE: Insurance comprises of General Insurance and Life insurance.
Roles that you can get after CFA®: Area Sales Manager, Branch Sales Manager, Relationship Manager, Operations Manager, Insurance Advisor, Business Development Manager, Agency Manager.
5) PORTFOLIO/ WEALTH MANAGEMENT: Portfolio management refers to managing an individual’s investments in the form of bonds, shares, cash, mutual funds etc. so that he earns the maximum profits within the stipulated time frame.
Roles that you can get after CFA® : Portfolio Manager, Financial Analyst, Equity Advisor, Relationship Manager, Equity Research Analyst Business Analyst, Investment Analyst, Branch Manager.
6) FINANCIAL PLANNING: A financial planner or personal financial planner is a professional who prepares financial plans for people. These financial plans often cover cash flow management, retirement planning, investment planning, financial risk management, insurance planning, tax planning, estate planning and business succession planning.
Roles that you can get after CFA® : Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planner, Accounts & Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Manager Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Planning Advisor, Equity Research Analyst, Relationship Manager.
7) SECURITIES/BROKING: This includes Equity Trading, Fixed Income Trading like ShareKhan, Angel Broking, Motilal Oswal, etc.
Roles that you can get after CFA®: Security Officer, Equity Dealer, Security Manager, Equity Research Analyst, Security Supervisor, Equity Advisor, Security Administrator, Head Security.
8) FINANCIAL CONSULTING– This involves presenting financial position of a company, identifying their problems, and sharing solutions.
Roles that you can get after CFA®: Personal Financial Consultant, Sales Manager, Relationship Manager, Partner, Associate, Proprietor, Branch Manager, Wealth Manager.
9) RISK MANAGEMENT: This includes planning for potential risks which will help in the creation of a financial business strategy that seeks a constant upward trend.
Roles that you can get after CFA®: Chief Risk Officer, Senior Risk Analyst, Head of Operational Risk, and Director, Investment Risk Management, to name a few.
10) CORPORATE FINANCE– Corporate finance is the area of finance dealing with the sources of funding and the capital structure of corporations. Important departments consist of Accounts, Audit, Taxation, Finance and Treasury.
Roles that you can get after CFA®: Financial Analyst, Project Finance Manager, Director Finance, Associate, Chief Financial Officer, Investment Banking Analyst, Equity Research Analyst, Finance Head.