Completing graduation in B.Com is already a precious achievement in anyoneâ€™s career. Some of you fare well and some donâ€™t. Whatever marks you get in graduation something you cannot change now. If the marks are not at par with your expectations, there is no need to get demoralized though. You need to further specialize and complete your post-graduation or opt for professional courses to get a good job and get everything back on track.
Types of courses available
There are lucrative professions in various industries such as banking, finance, stock markets, insurance, capital markets, financial planning, equity research, accounting, etc. However, the problem is in choosing the best job-oriented course when so many courses are available after your stint with B.Com in the commerce stream.
Banking Related Courses
Business Correspondent Courses:
This course enables you to learn the key skills required for a fruitful career in the Banking and Financial Services industry in India. Students are taught basic financial concepts, about managing customer relationships, are imparted knowledge about delivery channels and equipped with effective communication skills. This enable them to function as Business Correspondents.
- Business correspondent potentially enables banks to reach out much faster and at a much lower cost.
- The personal connection enhances the customerâ€™s accountability to the Business Correspondent, which in turn improves loan performance and repayment rates.
- On successful certification by IIBF and employment in the sector, 100 per cent of the course fee will be reimbursed by NABARD in 256 districts and 75 per cent in rest of the districts.
- Banks may give wide publicity in the locality about the intermediary engaged by them as Business Correspondent and take measures to avoid being misrepresented.
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking(PGDB)
The Post Graduate Diploma in Banking(PGDB) will enable you to broad base your career options in the banking industry. Banking course is aimed at providing practical knowledge and understanding of the Banking sector. By joining PGCB after graduation, candidates will get the competitive advantage for a great career in banking and excel in their work.
- The major reasons for the extremism preference of bank jobs among individuals is job safety and stability in career.
- Educational institutes offering PGCB course provide soft skills training to the candidates to make them efficient speakers because banks look for candidates with effective communication skills.
- The course content has been made relevant for the industryâ€™s needs. With this banking course you will get a head-start in your career with a banking job.
- You will also get placement assistance facility for reputable banks including HDFC, Housing Finance Companies, NBFCs, etc.
Certified Bank Manager Program:
The CBM Program is offered by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University, Tripura and Institute of Bank Management and Research (IBMR), Hyderabad. It is a unique program comprising a 2-year course covering the areas of banking and financial services, money, banking laws and regulations, treasury, credit, risk management and banking strategy.
- After this program you can work in Indian or Foreign banks in corporate, trade or foreign banking profiles.
- You can also work in financial service companies or in the finance division of Indian or Multinational Corporation.
- This knowledge of International finance can also be used to raise capital for your own entrepreneurial ventures.
- CBMP is a visible sign of their advanced experience and skill and gives candidates a distinct advantage in employment and promotion.
Diploma in Banking & Financial Services
This is a post graduate 2-year diploma course offered by the Institute of Finance, Banking & Insurance (IFBI ) Mumbai. Diploma in banking and finance provides students that much required shift in perspective from academics to the professional world. A graduate student in any discipline with minimum 50% marks is eligible for this course, along with a personal interview.
- These Finance and Banking Courses help professionals to develop competencies across four dimensions – domain, technology, application and customer-service
- This Diploma in Banking & Finance open up immense opportunities for a fast growing career as a Clerk, PO, Assistant Manager posts in the banking sector
- This Allows high quality academic firmness with a professionally designed curriculum.
- It helps in imparting knowledge of banking and finance collectively along with providing technical familiarity and customer orientation
Accounts Related Courses
Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) is the world’s leading and fastest-growing international accountancy organization. The ACCA qualification helps to develop careers in the fields of accounting, banking, management and consulting and give advantage in competing for senior roles. ACCA professionals get preferential immigration status to Australia, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Ireland etc.
- ACCA has a wide network of 92 offices and more than 8,500+ Approved Employers worldwide, who provide high standards of employee learning and development.
- Better employment prospects as a result of having shown an ability in all areas of business.
- Gaining such a qualification is evidence that the holder possesses skills and knowledge which are in high demand by employers in industry, banking, auditing, consulting as well as other professions like taxation and law.
Business Accounting and Taxation
Business Accounting and Taxation is designed by Top class Chartered Accountants, with a specific focus on helping candidates to become a Professional Accountant. The course is designed to give hands-on-expertise in the area of Accounts, Taxation, MIS, Compliance and Reporting. It is integrated with high end accounting software and applications viz. SAP, Tally, QuickBooks and Advance Excel. The extensive training, practical case studies, live projects and hands-on experience on these software’s is important for any account professional to know, grow and prosper in their career.
- Business Accounting and Taxation (BAT) is everything a commerce students need to stay on the edge.
- BAT helps students to make their report an impressive one.
- After completing the Course candidates can start working asÂ Account Experts, Account Executive, Excise Executive, Taxation Executive, Account Manager, MIs Executive, Commercial Manager, Senior Faculty-Finance & Accounts, Finance executive
- There are many other benefits of this course as well. You can read the reasons to do Business Accounting and Taxation course to understand better.
Cost accountants are liable for budgeting, cost management, performance evaluation and asset management within a company or organization. They typically combine as part of an executive team to create a financial plan for the organization. They may work with corporate executives or heads of companies to strategically plan for a company. They may prepare financial reports for tax authorities, creditors, stockholders and regulatory agencies.
- After having Certification of manufacturing account as per Customs Act and Certification under Export & Import Policy they can also start their own business in Consultancy assignments.
- A degree in cost accounting equips a candidate with the adequate knowledge to manage finance of the organization competently and ensure managerial decisions are well within the available resources.
- ICWA has wide scope, every manufacturing company need them.
Insurance Related Courses
Risk and Insurance Management
Risk and Insurance Management aims at creating professionals who can construct a rewarding and promising career in the insurance industry. In risk and insurance management prepares students to identify, analyze, and manage risks that are inherent in the operation of profit and non-profit institutions. They study about property, liability, health and life insurance, employee benefits programs and government insurance programs.
- On successful completion of the course, candidates get opportunities to be absorbed in Insurance Companies, Banks, IT and Other Companies
- It is the working knowledge through real world problems case studies students attain expertise in this area.
Property Insurance Course
Students learn about personal and commercial insurance, exposure to property loss and insurance policies. Risk management is also highlighted in this course, which is intended for newcomers to the insurance industry.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the main classes of property insurance. Different elements of the program include fire insurance, business interruption or other property classes – can be selected as required.
- With property insurance, you can protect your business space as well as its contents. You can even elect to cover lost income or additional expenses incurred while your business is closed
Personal Insurance Course
This course provides an overview of the development of the personal insurance market. It will provide a summary of personal insurance and will provide an insight into the key issues facing the market today and in the future. This is a mid-level insurance course that covers topics including homeowners and other types of residential insurance such as automobile, watercraft and umbrella insurance. The role of insurance in financial planning may also be covered.
- The program will provide you with a thorough understanding of the personal lines business, including underwriting, marketing practices, the personal insurance environment, personal insurance profitability, the product development process, and portfolio management
- A job with a low stress level, good work-life balance and solid prospects to improve, get promoted and earn a higher salary would make many employees happy
Finance Related Courses
Chartered Financial Analyst
CFA Program is a professional credential offered by CFA Institute to Investment and Financial professionals. A certified financial analyst advises and guides businesses and individuals in investment decisions. Analysts usually work for banks, investment houses, insurance companies and pension funds. Chartered Financial Analyst can come as a sigh of relief for everyone interested in the Finance field.
- The CFA charter is one of the most recognized professional qualifications in finance in the world.
- If youâ€™re looking for a qualification to enhance your career in finance or establish your finance credentials, the CFA is highly recommended.
- There are many benefits to the CFA, but the main reason anyone goes through the program is to get paid more
Financial Risk Management
FRM Certification is a globally recognized professional certification for banking and finance professionals by Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP, USA). This practical qualification includes with the real issues facing organizations in the risk factors, financial services sector, banking and insurance. Certificate programs in financial risk management are aimed at working professionals in the financial industry.
- Strong value addition to your skills, credentials and resume.
- Successful completion of this qualification plus five years professional experience, enables you to apply for Specialist membershipÂ and use the internationally recognized membership designation SIRM
- Financial risk managers in the USA can earn anywhere between US$ 100,000 and US$ 250,000. They normally receive various fringe benefits. The average salary in India is INR 900,000.
A mastery over financial modeling will give all the professionals an edge over others as they can do their work faster and with more accuracy. Financial Modeling is one of the most fundamental and widely sought after skills in the finance industry. It is the art of building a model to depict financial statements and investment analysis using MS Excel.
- At the end of the course, Candidates will be able to do the task of building a model depicting financial statements, business model, which helps in decision making.
- After completing the program candidates can build models that are robust and provide dynamic projections that can be used to thoroughly analyze a company from multiple standpoints: operations, investment, financing and valuation.
- Commercial Banks use Financial Modeling for disbursing loans for the projects; Project Management uses it for performance tracking of on-going projects
So now you can understand there is various option available after B.Com. Marks will not decide your career. If you choose an area where your strengths lie and matches the course, success is not far. Experts in this field believe that if candidates choose an area where their strengths match, they will achieve success. Many students go to pursue M.COM after B.COM. Master degree in Commerce is a very good option for career. Some of M.COM students also canâ€™t understand what will be the next. After M.COM, graduates can pursue some courses that will surely help them to kick-start their career.
We, at EduPristine, provide many courses of Finance, Accounting, Analytics and Marketing. There are various options for you to enhance your career.
Want to know more about Career options after B.Com?
Talk to our expert career counselors who can guide you about right course, career benefits, and preparation.
Do post in the comments section below if you have any questions!
Related links â€“
Career and Courses options after Bcom
Courses after B.COM for in Less than 20k