The CPA course certificate is an acknowledgement that you have completed the academic training required to practice as a Public Accountant and have the knowledge to deliver the services professionally. You have to pass the CPA exam and fulfill the minimum requirements to obtain the CPA course certificate. However, to obtain theCPA license, the candidate has to fulfill the practical training and experience requirements. The Accounting body or authority issues the CPA license once you complete all the requirements.
Below are the CPA course details, eligibility, structure, fees, topics to be covered, and the difference between CPA Certificate and CPA License.
To be eligible for the US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination, a candidate should be a Postgraduate, preferably in Commerce. The CPA course exam eligibility for Indian students also depends on their educational background. Candidates with any of the below educational backgrounds are eligible for theCPA course exam.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants in India
- Member of the Company Secretaries in India
- Master of Commerce
Indian CA’s with B.Com are also accepted by some of the states in the US. However, the criteria may vary from State to State.
The candidate has to appear for four exams
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD)
- Business Environment and Concepts (BEC)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)
- Regulation (REG)
The CPA course fee as per subjects is a follows:
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD): $356.55
- Business Environment and Concepts (BEC): $356.55
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR): $356.55
- Regulation (REG): $356.55
The CPA course fee in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and all over India is the same.
The candidate has to complete the four assessments in a period of maximum of 18 months to be eligible for a CPA license. A candidate can complete all the four CPA exams within 12 months.
Difference between CPA Certificate and CPA License:
Relevant Work Experience
Candidate does not need any work experience to obtain the CPA course certificate
Candidate does need work experience to obtain the CPA course certificate. Most states require at least 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience under a CPA for the license
Continuous Professional Education
Candidate only needs to complete all the CPA exams and does not need any continuing education requirements for the CPA course certificate
Candidate needs to complete all the CPA exams and does need at least 40 hours of continuing education each year as per most states for CPA license
Attesting Official Documents
Candidate cannot sign tax returns, audit reports, or use the title CPA on any official or legal report with CPA certificate
Candidate can sign tax returns, audit reports, or use the title CPA on any official or legal report with CPA license
Owner or Partnership in CPA Firm
Candidate cannot be an owner or partner of a public accounting firm
Candidate can be an owner or partner of a public accounting firm
Use of CPA title
Only some states allow the candidate to use the designation CPA after their name on unofficial documents
All states allow the candidate to use the designation CPA after their name on unofficial and official documents
EduPristine provides high quality classroom training for CPA course in Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Hyderabad. EduPristine also provides training for CPA course in India through Live Online Classes.
CPA Course Training Offerings:
- 260+ hours of instructor-led training in two modes. You can enroll for classroom training or live online training as per your need and convenience
- High quality learning content based on exam patterns and question types to build confidence for your first attempt
- Becker CPA course review and resources for better understanding and practice. Becker CPA review is a 4-part course review that includes 1,400+ flashcards, 5 one-on-one tutoring sessions, and many more features
- 24*7 online access to program material so that you can learn and revise at your own pace
- Access to 110+ hours of exclusive recordings for future reference and subject guidance
- Task-based simulations, MCQs, study planner, and Mock Tests for thorough practice before the exams
- Dedicated discussion forum for quick doubt solving throughout the week
- Career services for finding good job opportunities and placements with reputed companies in our network