The job description of a Digital Marketing manager is very broad, and often varies from organization to organization and the type of industry the organization is a part of, for example, the job description of a digital marketing manager in a consultancy firm would be different from the one in an e-commerce firm or a brick and mortar real estate agency.
Job Responsibilities of a Digital Marketing Manager:
• Creating strategies to increase online traffic to the organization’s website
• Tracking the conversions and improving the percentages and numbers
• Taking care of everything from SEO, SEM to Social Media Marketing
• Creating Social Media Marketing strategies to create a brand name in Social Media and raise awareness
• Improving the user experience on the company’s website(Includes design, content and usability)
• Collecting and Evaluating customer feedback data
• Evaluating competitor’s Digital Marketing strategies and creating plans to overtake them
Even though there is no singular Job description of a Digital Marketing Manager, we will try to see their broad job descriptions in various scenarios.
In an e-commerce firm, the Job Description of a Digital Marketing Manager would generally include both operational and strategic responsibilities. Strategically, a Digital marketing manager would work closely with the CMO, VP etc. C-level executives to define and align the marketing objectives of the firm with the business goals and then devise an Omni-channel strategy to achieve these goals.
The Digital Marketing Manager would be responsible for making sure that operationally all the concerned resources are utilized appropriately and is held accountable for the targets to be achieved. The Digital Marketing Manager coordinates with the team heads to ensure that the overall strategy is executed appropriately. Getting here will take experience and all-rounder and well-groomed skills both technical, and interpersonal.
The job description of a Digital Marketing manager in a consulting agency is definitely different than that in an E-commerce firm. In a consultancy firm, digital marketing managers handle clients and are usually specialized in a field such as SEO, Email Marketing, etc. So they are usually handling specific channels and devise strategies in that field to meet a set objective in the field. Getting here would require experience in a specific field and client managing skills.
Brick and Mortar firms:
Due to the proliferation of internet, many brick and mortar based firms are also marketing online, usually for Business leads and brand building. Such firms employ a digital marketing manager to manage their activities online, coordinating with the consultancy firms that are hired for the company. Sometimes the job description of a Digital Marketing Manager in a brick and mortar company aligns with that of e-commerce. But differs in the breadth and scope of the responsibilities. This is a slightly toned down version of e-commerce Digital Marketing Manager role.
Depending on your career objectives and goals and your current position, you should decide which of these roles would suit you the best.
Do you feel you are ready to become a Digital Marketing Manager and know it all? If not, EduPristine provides training for Digital Marketing Course Training which will make you ready to face all the challenges that a Digital Marketing Manager faces.
Unlike any other domain, candidates can land the Digital Marketing Manager position with a minimum of 3-5 years of full time experience in the field. A Digital Marketing Manager is expected to have all round knowledge and experience in the Digital Marketing domain. To prepare for the role of a Digital Marketing Manager, candidates have to learn about the different platforms, techniques, strategies, and types of marketing.
Important and in-demand skills for a Digital Marketing Manager
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Search Engine Optimization helps in google ranking for the website. SEO also helps drive more traffic to the website.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – Search Engine Marketing, also known as PPC Marketing, is another way to appear on the first page of the search engine results. It is important for companies who don’t rank well on google.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – Social Media Marketing involves reaching the consumers on social media like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Mobile Marketing and Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation and Web Analytics
- Affiliate Marketing, Influencer Marketing and Funnel Marketing
- Content Marketing and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
EduPristine’s Digital Marketing Masters Program provides 360 degree training in the Digital Marketing domain. Get hands on experience and practical training on all the major platforms of Digital Marketing like Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM).