We have listed few FAQs that will help you before enrolling to Predictive business analytics program at EduPristine.
1. Why should one opt for the Predictive Business Analytics program by EduPristine?
The comprehensive Predictive Business Analytics program by EduPristine has been designed by experts, with from several leading analytics companies, to create professionalsâ€™ adept at analytics.
Moreover, our experts are practitioners who have rich work experience with some of the best analytics firms and Fortune 500 clients. And for the program, we use the case-based approach to learning.
2. What is the eligibility for this program?
Learners with a background in business management, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or economics are best placed to undertake this program.
3. Who should opt for this course?
This course is meant for all those students and professionals who are interested in working in the analytics industry and are keen to enhance their technical skills with an exposure to cutting-edge practices.
4. What are the pre-requisites for this course?
The participants are expected to have the basic understanding of the following topic:
- Basic Statistics
- Various aspects of Excel and R software
5. Which Tools will I get to learn?
You will be learning Excel and R software/ “R Studio” in the classroom session.
6. Will the program follow classroom instruction session?
Yes, there will be classroom session that we conduct at five of our centers in metropolitan cities.
7. Is the program offered across India?
No, at present it is available in select centers in Bengaluru, Delhi, Mumbai, and Pune.
8. Is the course concept driven or comes with hands-on practices?
The program has been designed based on the inputs of some of the leading analytics firms and is a balance between concepts and hands-on practice. Moreover, there are intensive assignments, case-studies, and projects. Here on, the completion of timely completion of projects and good scores would earn the learners an Excellence certificate as well.
9. What are some of the job profiles at the entry level in Analytics?
The job profiles that feature at the entry level include the likes of Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Manager, among others.
10. What kind of job description do the companies look forward to?
The job descriptions vary and include the following points:
- To analyze specific business problems and derive solutions using an array of analytic tools;
- Interpret statistical result and link them to the business context; and
- Also, improve systems by studying current practices, and design modification/s.
11. Which are the some of the reputed Analytics companies that have operations in India?
The following is only a representative list of the reputed companies that have operations in India:
- IT â€“Â Accenture, Infosys, TCS, Wipro;
- KPO â€“ Genpact, WNS;
- Citibank, Dell, HP, Spencerâ€™s, Target; and
- Niche: Brainmatics, Fractal Analytics, Mu Sigma.
12.Â Why would one go for this field? What is the future scope in this domain?
This is one of the most exciting fields with special reference to present day market scenario. The Harvard Business Review named it as one of the â€˜sexiestâ€™ jobs of the 21st century.
13. Can and should professionals with experience in some other fields switch to Analytics?
This is one of those fields that people are switching to, even very late in their careers, because it is exciting and extremely well-paid with exceptionally bright growth prospects. Hence, the data revolution is just beginning!
14. Is this a theory-oriented program or practical learning is also imparted?
This program has been designed using inputs from the industry and includes a balance between concepts and practical, especially the hands-on skills. Moreover, throughout the program there are extensive assignments, case studies, and projects which ensure that learners pick up the requisite concepts and skills.
15. Do I need to know programming to get enrolled in this program?
No. Programming is not required as a pre-requisite. However, those who are familiar with programming will have an advantage.
16. I have no IT experience. Is this program still relevant for me?
Yes, this program is relevant, because IT experience is not necessary.
17. What kind of jobs am I likely to get after this training?
Almost all the big corporations need analytics professionals. Also, you can be hired in your own industry at entry/mid/senior level, depending on your work experience and the training.
Moreover, IT companies and Analytics KPOs hire people to work on client projects which cut across functional and vertical domains. Hence, if you have no prior work experience, your best option is to join one of these training.
18. Who are the faculty for this program?
The faculty has a fine mix of academic and industry experts. Moreover, these people have worked on large analytics projects for Fortune 500 companies in retail, media, telecom, banking, insurance, etc., across the globe.