October 13, 2015
At the time of exams you will be stressed out and confused about whether you are actually prepared or not or what to study at that time .In this situations nobody might seems to understand you, but relax, there is nothing to worry . For every exam, time management is very important and everyone wants a precise course content in a prioritized manner which will help them to understand the concept in less time. So follow the quick FRM handbook for the whole overview and preparation of FRM which comprises details from basic information, exam prerequisites to FRM syllabus, important dates etc. which will help you to get an edge in the FRM Examination.
• Globally recognized professional certification for banking and finance professionals by Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP, USA)
• Fairly difficult and exclusive certification in the area of Finance and Risk Management
• Over 26,000 FRM charter-holders in 136 countries across the globe
• It is a two part exam conducted in the months of May and November
• Minimum Eligibility Criteria: A graduate is eligible to give the exam.
• Lucrative career options in Risk Management, Trading, Structuring, Modeling, etc. FRM holders have positions such as Chief Risk Officer, Senior Risk Analyst, Head of Operational Risk, and Director, Investment Risk Management, to name a few.
• Strong value addition to your skills, credentials and resume.
• Complete coverage of risk management concepts.
The average salary of a FRM professional is almost INR 1,000,000.
Check out the comparison FRM vs CFA Detailed analysis of Fees, Difficulty, Time Required, Salaries etc.
To become a Certified FRM, candidates must meet a two year professional work experience requirement.
However, there are no educational or professional prerequisites to sit for either part of the FRM Exam. Once candidates pass both parts of the FRM Exam, they must satisfy the work experience requirement before they can become certified and use the FRM designation.
The curriculum comprises of the topic areas below, and there are two exams (parts) that test the academic portion for the FRM program. Both parts have a strong emphasis on Quants, while the material differences among the exams are:
|Subjects of FRM Part-1||Time Required for preparation||Weightage in the exam|
Foundations of Risk Management
Financial Markets and Products
Valuation and Risk Models
|Subjects of FRM Part-2||Time Required for preparation||Weightage in the exam|
Market Risk Measurement and Management
Credit Risk Measurement and management
Operational and Integrated Risk Management
Risk Management and investment Management
Current Issues in Financial Markets
Nov’15 to Jan’16
One Time$ 300
Mar’16 to April’16
If you want to know more about the exam you can get the free comprehensive guidebook provided by Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP, USA).
In case of further doubts, you can post your questions on the EduPristine forum