Hope your preparation for FRM Exam is going well, please ensure that you finish your syllabus latest by 30th April and revise and practice lot of questions in May.
- Revise all the FRM questions given on edupristine.com
- If you have any queries please mail them to email@example.com, our trainers will reply to same within 24 hrs.
Last week strategy
- Make sure that you do the Practice Paper 2014 send by GARP. Analyze the paper 2-3 times. Try doing each question minimum twice. Sometimes the questions are repeated with change in values. ( Pristine will use all these questions in revision classes)
- Don’t try to go after too many new topics right now. Just consolidate whatever you have learnt till now.
- Practice using the calculator. Make sure that the batteries are OK
- Very Important topics: Though all the concepts are important from exam point of view, but make sure you are through with these concepts: hedging using futures , Delta and gamma hedging in options, Portfolio Variance, CAPM formula, EWMA and GARCH, Basis Risk, Option Strategies, Black Scholes formula, VAR Formula , calculation of Forward rates, Sortino Ratio, Duration and Convexity , Expected and Unexpected loss, Normal Distribution , Beta and alpha concepts.
Last day tips
- Go through the formulas and revise from the VisualizeFRM .
- Do not try to discuss new topics with friends. Instead focus on the material that you have referred.
Before the exam, check
- Take your calculator.
- You have atleast 4 pencils and 1 eraser with you.
- You have the Exam hall card and your ID proof with you ( preferably Passport)
Question marking strategy
- Mark all questions, since there in no negative marking.
- Caselet based questions looks lengthy but they might be easy , you have approximately 2.4 minutes for each question.
- In Practical questions they might give lot of values, wherein few are given just to confuse you.
- 100 questions in total (4 hrs exam); 100 questions in 4 hrs .
- Keep marking the answers as soon as you have done it. Don’t wait for marking till the end.
- Make sure that you go through the complete paper. Sometimes the easy questions are there towards the end.
- Remember that you have to clear each of the sections separately. So instead of focusing on questions of just one section, try to do questions from all the parts. The questions are not given topic wise.
- Remember that sometimes the choice can be calculated using elimination. Try to see the choices and figure out the choices that would clearly not be the solution
- Each one has his/ her own liking. If you have a liking for conceptual questions vis-ÃƒÂ -vis numerical questions, hunt for questions of your liking first. Once you gain the confidence that you have completed a substantial portion of the exam, you would be able to do the other part well.
We do hope that you do well in the examination. One point to note is that this is a relative examination. So if you are finding it difficult (and assuming you had prepared it to the best of your satisfaction), then rest assured everybody would be finding it difficult! So the key is now to best achieve whatever is possible. You have to do better than your peer.
Pristine wishes you the best of luck for the exam. We do hope to hear from you about your experience of the examination.
Please feel free to call us or mail us for any further clarifications.