Hello there, hope you are keeping well and safe. Are you also wondering how hard is it to get a job in Digital Marketing? Well, before we address the elephant in the room, let us first understand what is Digital Marketing course, Digital Marketing course details, Digital Marketing course eligibility, what are the benefits of the Digital Marketing course, and last but not least, everything about the Digital Marketing course. Let’s quickly find out.
Social Media has become an integral part of our lives. It’s the first thing we check right before we wake up till the very last hour. Did you know what a minute on the internet in 2021 looked like? Here’s a glimpse:
- 452K hours content streamed on Netflix
- 695K stories were shared on Instagram
- 9,132 connections were made on LinkedIn
- 240K photos were shared on Facebook
- 2Million Snapchats were sent
- 6Million shopped online
- 575K tweets were posted on Twitter
- 856 minutes of webinars were hosted on Zoom meetings
- 694K Hours content streamed on YouTube
- $283 amount spent by customers on Amazon
What does this indicate? This simply means that digital marketing is the future of marketing, and reaching the right customer, at the right time, at the right place is the key to success. Unlike traditional marketing, digital marketing helps you communicate with your customers in real-time. It&rsquo’s great when your target audience sees your latest post but wants even better is when they comment on it or share it. This can be achieved by brainstorming and by creating an engagement strategy.
- Cost-effective: Digital marketing is far more cost-effective in comparison to traditional marketing. It may be quite difficult for small firms to invest such a huge amount as they usually have limited resources and it becomes difficult to compete for ad space. Digital marketing on the other hand is less expensive than traditional advertising. Today everyone wants to invest smartly, which is less costly and more productive.
- High demand for Digital Marketers: According to a report by marketing hiring trends, the demand for Digital Marketers was 59%, but the supply was only 19%, which means companies are in urgent need of Digital Marketers. This means that you can get better-paying jobs with higher security after learning such a highly demanded skill.
- Be your boss: Digital Marketers have plenty of knowledge of various online tools and platforms. By taking the Digital Marketing course, one can easily set up their website, sell online, and even promote it on multiple platforms. For people aspiring to be entrepreneurs, studying digital marketing becomes a necessity. One can easily target the right set of audiences, measure the progress in a better way, and apply various strategies to overcome the weaknesses.
- Easy to start a career: The best part about starting a career in the field of digital marketing is that professionals from any background can pursue this course provided they have relevant knowledge and certifications to get started. The only thing required is a strong internet connection and a creative mind. After completing your bachelor’s, you can start freelancing or simply start by taking an internship. This will gradually help you build a strong portfolio.
- Diverse and Popular: While digital marketing is a part of marketing, it also includes various specializations which can be fun and pretty exciting. Hence you can become a Social Media expert, Email Marketing expert, SEO expert, or even become an Influencer Marketer yourself. Flexibility is one of the greatest advantages you can make maximum use of as you can work remotely by selecting clients or even work overseas. All you need is expertise and relevant skills.
- Good growth: As per the research done by Naukri for September 2021, it has been observed that hiring for freshers having 0-3 years of work experience has grown to 54% and will continue to grow even is the pandemic. There are 50,000+ open positions available for freshers. As long as business operations continue, while the workforce works on the internet and laptops, there will always be a need for Digital Marketers.
- Combination of creativity and hard work: Digital marketing is one such rare field where you bring your passion and convert it to your purpose, which may be meeting targets and deadlines. With the help of this course, you will understand the framework and get in-depth knowledge of how digital marketing works. But ultimately, you will have to tap your inner creativity and combine it with hard work to see fruitful results.
- Gaining business insights: Digital marketing is not just about creating and running campaigns, it is more about analyzing and studying the results, and this, in turn, differentiates a professional Digital Marketer from an amateur. Taking digital marketing as your career path would include a bit of Psychology, Sociology, and Economics to understand customer needs, how to persuade them through various CTA&rsquo’s (Call to action), and how your business can benefit from such customer actions.
Thus, we can see that it is not at all hard to get a job in digital marketing. With the help of the skills that you learn while studying digital marketing, you can easily target and retarget your target audience seamlessly.
Coming to the eligibility part: Anyone who has completed graduation or has an equivalent bachelor’s degree can truly pursue this course. The only thing required is the curiosity to learn and the urge to be a good student.
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Mobile Marketing and Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- PPC (Pay per Click)
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Affiliate Marketing
- Funnel Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Web Analytics
- Content Marketing and Conversion Rate Optimisation
Let me end this blog by asking you a simple question: Were you using WhatsApp in the year 2008? Or even making use of google assistant? The answer to this would be a No. That’s exactly how rapidly the internet changes. If you are someone who loves to learn new things frequently and experiment with the latest trends, then Digital Marketing as a career is definitely for you. Are you ready to begin this new year with new challenges?