What comes to your mind when you hear Twitter? Microblogging? Social engagement? Entertainment? Yes, but above all these, there is one more purpose that can be served by Twitter, that is “Marketing”. As one of the most influential Social Media sites alongside Facebook, Twitter Marketing consists of ingredients like photos, text, backlinks, Twitter cards, and of course, Hashtags to marinate the entire marketing recipe.
Did you know almost 100 million people use Twitter every day? With every single Twitter user adding to the network every time, the probability of getting customers for your business increases. What you offer, i.e., your services or products to the customers or users is important, but how you offer is the trick and what you get out of it is a treat. It is one of the best Social Media platforms to show off businesses, attract the attention of users, and carry out marketing functions on a global scale. All you must do is provide an attractive description of your business, mention the link to your website/webpage and upload an awesome photo and Twitter followers and retweets will do the job for you.
Twitter followers can keep in touch with the latest news and updates, whereas Twitter retweets enable the spread of word like wildfire. All a person needs to do is carefully plan and design the content to be tweeted.
One of the most interesting things about Twitter is that there are over 326 million average monthly Twitter users globally for you to share the content as a marketer. The thought of reaching hundreds of millions of leads through a free social media platform sounds impressive, right? The actual question you need to ask here is, how do you ensure that the content generated by you gets the right engagement?
Some of the important reasons why you should practice Twitter Marketing are mentioned below:
- Creating identity and awareness:
- Twitter enables you to stay in the loop about what people have to say about your company and business, directly or indirectly.
- Retweeting further spreads the word about your business, thus making your presence felt globally. It allows you to create awareness for your business.
- Building Links:
- Building reciprocal links is the most important part of Twitter. The more your company/Business is mentioned, the higher page ratings you get, the better you rank on major search engines.
- This helps your tweets to go viral, and it earns you many links and unique page views. It helps in getting your tweets indexed with search engines like Google.
- Google has already entered a deal with Twitter to get its tweets indexed on Google’s search results.
- Going viral is easy:
- Your content needs to go viral on the internet to spread awareness and attract customers.
- While other Social Media platforms make this task difficult, Twitter steps in to make your content go viral within a matter of seconds.
- This is where retweeting plays its role. When a follower retweets your content, it automatically gets updated on the page where these followers can view it and retweet it again on their page.
- Easy and quick, isn’t it?
- Giving a face to your Business:
- Imagine your company having more than 1 account on Twitter.
- You have created 5 Twitter accounts under the same company name, and the users of those accounts are associated with you and your company e.g. employees, Managers, etc. Co-ordinating promotions and marketing functions among these accounts by staying connected can further do wonders for your business.
- Twitter Advanced search:
- This feature of Twitter is what can make your business fly higher.
- Finding precise customers and lead details, like precise location, information about the people looking for your product or Business can be obtained with the help of Twitter Advanced Search.
- It builds a connection between your business and the targeted customers.
- Twitter Cards:
- Twitter Cards are something that makes Twitter stand out from other Social Media Marketing sites.
- There are many Twitter cards you can choose from for different purposes depending on the objective of your Twitter Ad campaign.
- The objective of Twitter cards is that they make your tweets attractive and eye-catchy, which makes the viewers hungry to know more about your business and product.
- These cards can accommodate images, videos, music, product info, etc. These cards are the best in attracting users and influencing them to retweet your visually rich content.
To summarize, Twitter marketing strategy should be made keeping the buyer persona in mind. The strategic plan should be centered around creating, publishing, and distributing content. The goal is to attract new followers and leads, boost conversions, improve brand recognition, and increase sales.
Just like any other social media marketing strategy, creating a Twitter marketing strategy will require you to follow similar steps. To be successful, Marketers need to:
- Research thoroughly about the buyer personas and the target audience
- Create content that is unique and engaging
- Create a content calendar and schedule all the posts accordingly
- Analyze the impact and results and optimize content
You might be thinking, what makes Twitter so unique? Why would anyone want to invest time in creating content? Let us quickly find out:
- Twitter is free and easy to use
- Twitter allows you to share and promote content within seconds.
- Twitter provides the quickest customer service and support.
- Twitter also helps you to search for your competitors and their marketing content to know which of their tactics are working. Thus acts as a search engine tool.
- Helps in sharing the latest updates and addresses the audience.
It’s more about creating and sharing content that has a purpose and meaning. The key here is to make use of Twitter Analytics to understand what engagement looks like on days when you post more content and on days you don’t post anything to get a fair idea of what’s working and what’s not, especially for your target audience.
To conclude, Twitter is one of the most powerful platforms which you can use to create and maintain an excellent brand image for your business. Many people take Twitter marketing lightly, but a person who understands its true potential can make gold out of the sand. So, when are you going to start Marketing on Twitter? Better late than never. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can sign up today for free. A digital marketing course would be the best option if you wish to explore more about the social media platform. During the pandemic, many students have enrolled in online digital marketing courses to make the best use of their time.
Let us know how you find this article by posting your comments below. To know more about the digital marketing course with placement, feel free to get in touch with us.