The CFA course is divided into three levels. To get the CFA certification, all of these levels need to be cleared in the given time. In this article, we will cover everything about the CFA Level I exam and exam registration.
What is CFA Course Level I?
- The CFA course level I is the very first level of the CFA course. It is the first step towards achieving the CFA charter designation. This level has 10 core topics on which the level I paper is based. Different topics have a different amount of weightage, for example, ethics has the highest weightage in level I. The main topics in focus at this level are investment tools, ethical and professional standards. The training for the CFA level I exam needs to start at least 6 months prior because candidates need at least that much time to be fully prepared for the exam. The exam registration process happens on the official website that is the CFA Institute website. The months for the academic year 2022 are February, May, August and November. If the candidate is eligible to give the exam, they need to start with paying the exam registration fees and selecting the exam dates.
Level I CFA Exam Dates and Registration
- All the information regarding the exam dates will be on the official CFA website. The exam for the year 2022 is scheduled for February, May, August, and November.
- The registrations have begun for level I, and the dates for registration are different for each attempt.
- The exam dates available to each candidate also vary based on the availability at the time of scheduling of the Level I CFA exam.
- The deadline for registration is 11:59 pm ET. CFA Institute can also close the registration dates and scheduling dates earlier than announced due to conditions like no availability of seats.
- So, the candidate needs to be active and keep on checking the CFA website for updates. The registration process has two steps, first, the candidate needs to register and pay for the exam, and then they need to schedule their exam for the available dates.
For every CFA level I exam month, the rules are the same only the dates differ. The CFA Level I Exam dates for the year 2022 are as follows:
- The CFA exam dates are February 15th to 22nd February. The registration and scheduling window opened on 13th May 2021. The early bird registration deadline is 10 August 2021, and after this, no early bird registration discount will be available. The registration for CFA Level I February 2022 window closes on 26th October 2021, and the scheduling deadline is 17th November 2021. Candidates can also reschedule their exam, but an additional fee of USD 250 is charged to them when rescheduling the exam date. The last rescheduling deadline is 15th January 2022 for the February 2022 CFA exam attempt.
- The second window for the CFA level I exam for 2022 is 17th – 23rd May 2022. The registration and scheduling window opened on 20th July 2021, and the registration closes on 8 February 2022. The early bird registration and the pay by invoice deadline is 1st November 2021. The last scheduling deadline is 16 February 2022, and the rescheduling deadline is 16th April 2022.
- The third window for the CFA level I exam for 2022 is 23rd – 29th August 2022. The registration and scheduling window opened on 26th October 2021. The registration closes on 3rd May 2022. The early bird registration and the pay by invoice deadline is 1st February 2022. The last scheduling deadline is 25th May 2022, and the rescheduling deadline is 23rd July 2022.
- The dates for the fourth window for the CFA level I that happens in the month of November 2022 are not announced as of now.
Level I CFA Exam Registration Fees
- There are two types of registration fees, one is the early bird, and the other is the standard registration fee.
- The early bird registration fee is for those students who register themselves before the early bird deadline ends.
- The dates of these windows may vary depending on the availability. Registration costs vary depending on when the candidate decides to register for the exam.
- There is also a one-time enrollment fee of USD 450 during the first time the candidate registers for the Level I exam.
- The early bird registration fee for level I CFA is USD 700, and the standard registration fee is USD 1000. This fee needs to be paid while scheduling the exam.
- After giving the exam, the results are available after 60 days of taking the exam.
How Should I Start Preparing for the CFA Level 1 Exam?
- To prepare for the CFA level I exam it is necessary to take training. The pass percentage of this level is considerably lower than the CFA level II and Level III.
- EduPristine is a CFA training institute. Level-wise training is provided at EduPristine for CFA. It offers weekend as well as weekday batches.
- The training for this course is given by industry professionals. EduPristine offers 55+ hours of Exclusive HD Video Recordings and Dedicated discussion forums that help the students.
- EduPristine offers mock tests and professional training that makes the student market-ready.
- The CFA course training prepares the students to deal with real-life problems faced in the financial world.
- It also has career services and placement assistance to help the students secure good jobs.
- If you want to know more about CFA course or CFA course subjects, you can walk in at any of our centers for a free counseling session, or you can get in touch with our counsellors.