Business Accounting and Taxation has always been an in-demand skill in the Accounting industry. With time companies and individuals have understood the importance of tax filing and bookkeeping. The process and methodology in business accounting and taxation have changed over the years, making it a more elaborate and detailed procedure. Companies need Business Accounting and Taxation professionals for managing various accounts and tax filing in the company related to clients, vendors, employees, inventory, etc. Not just with companies, but there is a demand for Business Accounting and Taxation professionals among individuals as well. With time and awareness, more and more individuals understand the importance of filing taxes. Filing taxes can be a tedious process, hence a majority of the individuals require Business Accounting and Taxation professionals for filing taxes.
What is Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation (PGP-BAT)?
Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation is a course designed for graduates who want to excel in the field of Business Accounting and Taxation. Business Accounting and Taxation involves various roles and functions that are to be carried by the Business Accounting and Taxation professional. Here are the top five functions or roles of a Business Accounting and Taxation professional.
1. Maintaining Books of Accounts
- Maintaining a systematic record for all the transactions related to Finance, Inventory, Receivables, Payables, etc. is the primary function in Accounting.
- Maintaining a book of accounts helps management ascertain the profits/loss, the financial position of the company, the decision-making process, and future planning.
2. Internal Audit
- Internal Audits involve a review of accounts and the internal system. It is done regularly to protect the company from any kind of fraud, misappropriation of funds, error in books of accounts, etc.
- Filing taxes is a crucial function in the field of accounting. A candidate is required to pay taxes on time, file the tax payment documents, file tax returns, and much more for an organization.
- They also advise organizations and individuals on reducing the tax burden by making appropriate investments.
4. Cost Accounting
- Cost Accounting involves examining the costing structure of a company by summarizing and analyzing the cost data of the company.
- Cost Accounting is done to control the costs and allocate funds appropriately to the different processes and activities in the company.
5. Management Accountant
- Management Accounting involves advising the management of the company and analyzing the finances of the company, thus aiding the decision-making process, controlling authority, planning, etc.
- A candidate needs to be a graduate with a Commerce background to be eligible for the Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation.
- The course is especially beneficial for freshers or candidates with less than two years of work experience.
- Depending on the candidate’s dedication and focus, it takes 3-4 months to complete the Business Accounting and Taxation course.
- Module 1: Financial Reporting using ERP Software Tally – this includes recording entries and transactions in Tally. Learn how to use Tally for basic accounting with business case studies
- Module 2: Goods and Service Tax (GST) – includes applicability, valuation, and registration of GST. Learn to make payments, file refunds and returns, and record transactions using Tally
- Module 3: Direct Taxation – includes accounting for Income Tax and Tax returns, accounting for TDS, and filing TDS returns
- Module 4: Payroll and its Components – includes understanding Payroll Components and ESIC (Employees State Insurance Corporation). Learn accounting for Payroll using Tally and registration and returns for Payroll Components
- Module 5: Finalization of Financial Statements – includes the preparation of different types of financial statements. Learn to prepare Financial Statements with Business Case Studies
- Module 6: Excel and MIS Reporting – Learn how to use Excel for Accounting with functions like Index Match, Transpose, Match, Pivot Functions, Lookup Function, Logical Functions, etc. Generate MIS Reports for Business Case Studies using Excel.
- Module 7: BUSY Software – Learn how to activate the software and create ledgers, post transactions, extract GST reports and Trial Balance
- Module 8: SAP Module (Simulation-based) – Learn to setup Purchase and Sales Process, manage Vendor, Customer, Credit, Liquidity, Invoice, and much more using SAP
- Module 9: Soft Skills – Get trained in Business Communication, Presentation Skills, and Interview techniques
Benefits: Opt for a minimum of 6 modules and get complimentary â€œSoft Skill Trainingâ€ free of cost. * T&C apply.
For details on Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation fee click here
PGP-BAT: Certificate of Excellence:
A candidate who has completed the Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation is eligible for the following Job Roles / Position:
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Supervisor
- Accounting Manager
- Senior Accountant
- Junior Accountant
- Auditing Assistant
- Accounting Administrator
- Tax Assistant
- Tax Manager
The Average Salary for the various Job Roles after Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation is as below:
PGP-BAT Prep Program Review by Students: