FRM is a globally recognized professional certification for banking and finance professionals by Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP, USA) .It is fairly difficult and exclusive certification in the area of Finance and Risk Management and require a lot of effort and hardwork for getting certified.
Below is the step by step procedure of receiving the FRM Certification
Register and give the exam
- In order to get the certification, you need to register yourself first followed by passing the two examinations.
Obtaining Your Results
- Once the results are declared, emails will be sent to all the candidates who appeared for the FRM exam along with their quartile score that will enable them to check how they scored in different areas of the exams relative to other candidates.
- After result declaration, it’s celebration time for those who passed the exam however those who do not get passing score are encouraged to retake the exam by registering themselves for the next administrative date.
- Those who appeared for FRM part 1 exam and get passing score are equally encouraged to register themselves for FRM Part 2 exam. Additional program fees is not charged from the returning candidates however early and late registration discounts and penalties are applicable respectively.
Work Experience Requirements
- For getting FRM designation, you must pass both FRM Part 1 & FRM Part 2 exam with a minimum 2 years of fulltime professional experience in the area of financial risk management or another related fields.
- After passing both the exams, you need to submit the CV mentioning your professional experience for verification. Once the results will be declared by GARP, an email will be sent to all the eligible candidates along with the procedure regarding how to submit the CV’s for the professional experience demonstration. A brief statement will also be sent to you describing how to manage financial risk in your day to day work.
- Your professional experience must be of two years of full-time working in the risk management or any other related field. Experience completed for school will not be considered, including internships, part-time jobs, or student teaching.
- Five years’ time will be allotted to you from the date you will pass the FRM Part 2 exam for getting your work experience verified. This can be done by submitting professional experience online.
- If you fail to submit the professional experience details within 5 years’ time frame then you will have to re-enroll in the FRM Program and retake the FRM Exam again as a new candidate.
- Once you will be designated as a Financial Risk Manager, you are encourage to further develop your risk management skills and knowledge through Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program provided by GARP. This helps you to develop the expertise and stay updated in dynamic industry.
Receiving Your Certificate
- For receiving your certificate you need to pass both the parts of FRM exam followed by two years of professional work experience in the field of risk management or any other relevant field.
- You are not allowed to use the FRM designation till the time GARP verifies your work experience requirements.
- Certificates will be sent to you via the United States Postal Service and delivery may take up to 10 weeks depending on the mailing address provided by you.
- In case the certificate will not be delivered to you due to incorrect or insufficient address then a fees of $100 will be charged for reissuing the certificate.
- GARP members who have lost their certificates, or wish to receive a duplicate certificate will be charged $100 replacement fees for getting the certificate.
- Candidate can either fax the request for certificate to GARP at +22.214.171.12422, or send it via email to email@example.com.
- Credit card information and expiration date need to be provided by candidate in order to have their certificate re-issued.
This certification is important for those who wants to make their career in the field of risk management. EduPristine provide both online and offline training to the FRM aspirants by industry experts from the industry.