Social Media Marketing has made a remarkable progress globally over a short period of time. It is mainly because of the advantage of combining your content with photos, videos and backlinks and making it rich. Posting such rich content on various Social Media Platforms like Facebook and Twitter, where you can reach to millions and billions of people in a matter of few minutes has made it an indispensable marketing tool in Digital Marketing.
Coming to the topic of this article, if you are going for an interview for a Social Media Marketing job, won’t you be feeling nervous about the questions you will have to face? But fear not, we have compiled a list of few questions which some Social Media Marketing experts feel that you can expect from the interviewer. Below are the 10 important Social Media Marketing job interview questions.
10 most important Interview questions:
1. How do you measure social return on investment (ROI)?
Answer: You must decide on your goals and objectives before you start tracking and measuring your social ROI so you know which factors you are measuring. Social ROI can be measured in various ways. Customer acquisition, reach, traffic, lead generation, clicks, revenue, contest entries, etc. are some factors you can use to measure social ROI. After establishing what your online marketing goals are, you then assign financial values to each goal.
2. What kinds of skills/qualities do you think you need to possess to be a community manager?
Answer: Knowledge and background to use social media networks is not enough to improve the chances of success in the position. A community manager must possess certain skills and qualities, most important of which are strong communication skills, good judgement, organizational skills, adaptability, passion for the brand and empathy.
3. What are some of the best practices on Twitter?
Answer: some of the best Twitter practices you can follow are:
• Use just 2 hashtags every tweet will work out the best. More than 2 hashtags can bring down the tweet’s charm
• Keep the tweets down to around 100 characters even if you can put 140. Make your tweets crisp and include keypoints of what you are tweeting
• Use Twitter Advanced search for your Twitter Marketing activities
• Keep a check on Twitter Analytics to know how well you are doing and where you need to improve.
If you further want to impress the interviewer then you can refer to these tips on what you should avoid doing on Twitter.
4. What are our competitors doing on social media?
Answer: Praising the competitors if they are genuinely doing something good is ethically a good step. You can take some inputs from their work and try to relate them with the company’s (where you are giving the interview) marketing strategy and suggest some excellent and useful tips derived from its competitors strategy. Just be sure to know it yourself that why are you suggesting them and how will it benefit the company.
5. Explain what Facebook Edgerank is? Why is it so important to understand?
Answer: Facebook Edgerank is the algorithm which Facebook uses to determine whether your posts should be put up or not in the news feed of your page and your follower’s page and if they are to be put up then on what position. Edgerank measures connection between you and the users (affinity), how content, images, links or videos result in engaging the post (weight) and how old is the post (time) decay in doing so. It impacts how well your Marketing Strategy will be implemented on you Facebook’s Business page which make it so important to understand Edgerank.
6. What are relevant tools for tracking social media success?
Answer: It is very essential to track Social Media success to know if you are advancing on the right path. Relevant metrics that can be used to track social media success can be:
• Google Analytics is an ideal way to measure how much traffic is being directed to your website from the various social media channels
• Reviewing the quality and relevance of the content of your business. Monitor unique page views, time on page and total pages viewed
• Observe share of voice which is nothing but the conversations about a company versus with that of your competitor’s. Share of voice can be obtained by a simple formula = company’s mentions on social media platforms/ competitor’s mentions on the same. You can use a free tool, SocialMention for the deriving the same
• Tracking the total size of community and engagement using a social CRM tool
• Tracking your Social Media Returns on the efforts you put. Add up the totals of your positive, neutral or negative mentions and measure them over time.
7. What key performance indicators (KPIs) would you recommend to report on social media efforts?
Answer: There are numerous key performance indicators like number of Active Followers, Demographics and Location, Likes and Shares, Comments, mentions, Traffic Data, Social Connections, Video/SlideShare Views, etc. that you should identify to determine the reach and engagement of the company on Social Platforms. By tracking the right KPI’s, your company will be able to make adjustments to your social media strategy and budget. You can mention some of the above mentioned KPIs which you feel are important from your point of view.
8. Would Google+ be worth using for our business?
Answer: Google+ provides a unique tool “Hangouts” which lets your business have video conversations with your followers at zero cost.
If you regularly share high quality content on Google+, it gets indexed faster if shared on Google+. and makes it easier for Google to rank your website on target keywords.
+1s on Google+ gives your content and in turn you business a greater chance to have a higher ranking on Google. +1s work as recommendations for your company in the digital space.
You can integrate your Google+ page with other platforms like your website, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. You can also post content and updates you have posted through other social media channels onto your Google+ page. Google+ is a great resource for community building since it is a heavily curated and moderated community.
9. What is RSS Feed? Why is it important?
Answer: RSS stands for Rich Site Summary. RSS Feeds push content to your site. They allow readers to subscribe to your feed. The benefit of generating RSS Feed is that you will get wider audiences for your content. RSS is an XML file. RSS Feeds enables you in Live bookmarking, feeding content to readers, email subscriptions, etc. which overall adds in your Social Media Marketing efforts.
10. What are the elements that make a video go viral?
Answer: If you are not sure about the elements then make sure you start your answer with the “I feel that the elements that make a video go viral are……..”. Below are some element mentioned. You can compare them with your elements list or add a few to it from the below list:
• Targeting (audience) needs to be decided before you start creating the video content
• The first 20 seconds of the video are very important. These 20 seconds influence the viewers whether want to watch it further or not
• High news value and time relevance factor should be observed as it elevates campaign’s viral potential
• It must be universal and entertaining to the masses
• One memorable phrase or line must be included which hits the viewers thought process positively
• Create a compelling, attention grabbing title, relevant tags that include widely searched key terms and an interesting description
• Seed the video to the bloggers, influencers and journalists for whom the content will be most relevant.
These are some of the questions you will have to face while giving an interview for a Social Media Marketing job. We hope than you not only got a question answer package but a lot to learn from this article.
Did we miss any question?
Related links you will like: