Did you know that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are all perfect platforms to attract new customers? Marketing through social media not only improves your reach and brand awareness but also helps in gaining a lot of goodwill. There are a zillion reasons why you should use social media to market your products and services. Some of them have been explained below:
- Increase in brand awareness:
- Over half of the world’s population makes use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter as it helps in reaching new and highly targeted potential customers.
- Social media has been around for a while now and it is here to stay. Did you know that 85% of businesses make use of social media platforms primarily to increase brand awareness?
- It provides plenty of opportunities to market products and services as about 50% of small businesses are not active on social media and an additional 25% do not plan to use social media at all. That’s massive right?
- Making use of social media to promote a brand is likely to cost you almost nothing in comparison to sponsored advertising.
- Traditional methods of marketing are more likely to provide lower ROI and come with higher costs as well.
- One of the major drawbacks of traditional marketing is that it is not possible to pause and optimize the campaign while they are still active and running. Also, success can only be measured by determining the number of sales made.
- This is one of the many reasons why businesses make use of social media.
- Recently,â€¯Social Media Marketing has becomeâ€¯one of the most established and important marketing methods.
- It is not thatâ€¯difficult to learnâ€¯and does not involve any kind of tedious work.
- One can learn the basics of digital marketing while working as well.
- Having prior knowledge of digital marketing and how social media works would be an add-on.
- The best part is candidates from all backgrounds can build a career around digital marketing/social media.
- It serves as a never-ending book; one can learn something new every day. It may be on how to target the right audience or the likes and dislikes of your customers.
- It constantly enhances your knowledge and makes you more aware of the customer’s psychology.
- There is not just one website that you use but aâ€¯plethora of websitesâ€¯via which you can reach out to new customers.
- You can evenâ€¯generate leadsâ€¯from these social media platforms. Cool, right?
- There are no fixed timings and customers can anytime contact you and thus, it is not like a shop, and it does not have a time duration to facilitate.
- You reach your customers when they are free and these social media marketing websites provide you the data which will help you in better and more detailed targeting.
- It is always a challenge for marketers to forecast accurate returns on investments but with the help of various social media and analytics tools, it can become must faster and easier to track various metrics right from reach, impressions, CTR (Click Through Rate), page views, CAC (Cost per Acquisition), etc.
- With the help of Google Analytics, one can track the impact of various social media activities which are both organic and paid.
- Did you know that nearly 70% of online shopping carts are abandoned? These are the people for whom retargeting campaigns are to be launched as they are the potential customers.
- The reason why they need to be retargeted is that these people have shown a very high level of interest by visiting the website, selecting the products, and adding them to the cart hence should never be ignored.
- Facebook pixel is one such code that needs to be implemented on the website with the help of a website developer as it helps to show the potential customers exact ads of those products which are abandoned.
- Social media platforms always store the information of the users along with their likes and dislikes.â€¯
- Facebook,â€¯Twitter, and evenâ€¯Google Analyticsâ€¯can give you great insights into the kind of user base that you have.
- You can know about each detail of your customers and their demands and accordingly market your product and services.
- This helps in attracting new customers by focusing on their interests and thus, providing products and services accordingly.
- The data that you put on social media is transferred fast and tends to go viral. This would not only make your existing customers loyal but attract new ones too.
- This enhances the engagement rate, unlike traditional media which is one-way communication. Social media has always been a two-way street.
- When you market on social media you automatically gain a “cool” title. Your company is reaching out to all types of people and thus catering to all the demands.
- It is enjoying greater goodwill and hence gaining a lot more than its giving.
To have expertise in all these areas, one can enroll for aâ€¯digital marketing courseâ€¯that focuses on all important aspects right from SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), PPC (Pay Per Click), SMM (Social Media Marketing), Email/SMS marketing, CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization), etc. Digital marketing has now become a buzzword and hence, aâ€¯ digital marketing certification courseâ€¯is provided by many institutes today.â€¯
To know more about theâ€¯digital marketing course fees ,â€¯please feel free to visit our centre or contact our experts. All the best and happy learning!