Chartered Financial Analyst, commonly known as CFA, is a professional post-graduate program. The CFA course is offered by the CFA Institute, USA. It is a globally recognized course that takes the candidate a step closer to achieving their professional dream in finance. The CFA course is considered to be one of the most demanding certifications in the finance field. From topics like analysis, estimating, or forecasting the future performance of the company to doing financial and portfolio management, the CFA Course provides professional training in all of these fields covering all the important aspects of finance. Professional courses add the extra zeal required to make the candidates stand out from others. Be it any profession, an extra qualification adds honor to the resume and opens them to a world of different global opportunities. The CFA designation is handed out by the CFA Institute that has nine offices worldwide and 156 local member societies.
- To be a CFA Charter holder, the candidate needs to clear all three levels of exams. After every level, the difficulty of each level increases to test the skills and expertise of the candidates.
- There is no entrance exam required to be eligible for the course, but the CFA certification is only provided after all three levels are cleared. Candidates can opt for full-time training or part-time training at their convenience.
- The CFA course eligibility is having a graduation degree, a candidate must have a bachelor’s or any other equivalent degree from a known university or four years of relevant work experience in the field of finance.
- A final year student can also register for the CFA level 1 exam since they are in their last year of college.
- To proceed further, the candidate must clear the previous level, and only then they will be eligible for the level II examination
The CFA course syllabus comprises 10 core topics in total that are taught across the three levels extensively. The three levels are based on 10 subjects that cover topics such as accounting, economics, ethics, money management, etc. The CFA course syllabus, like its levels, is divided into 3 parts covering the core subjects.
To appear for the CFA level I exam, the candidates need to register themselves first on the CFA Institute website. There is a one-time enrolment fee that the candidates must pay to get themselves registered along with the exam fee. The exam fee needs to be paid before the deadline given. Candidates appearing for the level I exam need to have a very strong base as it will act as the foundation which helps them understand the further levels better. If the concepts of level I are clear, candidates will have a firm grasp of the upcoming concepts. Level I is the easiest to clear out of all the levels. The level is held in two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each consisting of 90 questions. The MCQ is based on the 10 core topics. Each session is of 2 hours 15 minutes.
To appear for CFA level II, level I needs to be cleared. In CFA, with every level, the difficulty also increases. This level is also divided into two sessions, morning and afternoon, where the questions are equally weighted and are based on all the ten core topics. There are no penalties or negative markings for wrong answers in the exams. At least 6 months of individual preparation time should be given to each level.
CFAÂ® Level III
Level III is the final CFA exam that a candidate needs to clear to obtain the CFA certification. The entire duration of the exam is of 4.5 Hours, where each session is divided into a period of 2 hours 15 minutes. CFA Level III exams happen in May and November. The questions are based on 20-30 vignettes that support a variable number of constructed responses and multiple-choice questions.
The CFA course duration depends on the candidate’s preparation, but it takes a minimum of 2 years to clear all three levels with proper training and focus. A candidate needs to be determined while preparing for the exam, allocate proper time to studying and understanding the subjects, and aim towards clearing the CFA course in 2-3 years.
EduPristine CFAÂ® Course Highlights
- EduPristine provides training for the CFA course and has a mixture of training sessions which are online and offline.
- EduPristine also provides Soft Skills training which is very important in today’s world. One should know how to present themselves professionally to crack interviews and develop their personality.
- The Soft Skills training teaches some of the important topics such as interpersonal skills, the importance of listening, the art of questioning, presentation skills, and time management.
- EduPristine provides disciplined and exam-focused training that makes the students’ exam and market-ready.
- The training methods include classroom, Live Online, and Self-Study training
- EduPristine provides exam-oriented content, mock tests for practice, and access to exclusive HD video recordings that help the students understand the topic better.
To know more about the CFA scope and CFA course fees in India you can contact our professional counsellors. EduPristineprovides educational as well as practical training for CFA course, giving the students an opportunity to gain hands on experience in real time.