FRM course, also known as Financial Risk Manager, is a professional course that has more focus on the areas of finance and risk management. The FRM course is administered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP, USA). It is a globally recognized professional certification for banking and finance professionals. There is a high demand for risk managers in the finance world and is a lucrative career option. The FRM course certification is provided to candidates capable of clearing both the exams and the job experience criteria in a span of 5 years. The FRM course adds extra merit and validation to a candidate’s profile and provides better job opportunities.
FRM Course Duration
The FRM course has two levels. To obtain the FRM certification, the candidate needs to clear both these levels. The FRM course duration is 1year and the maximum duration to finish the course provided is 5 years from the date of registration, which means that the candidates need to clear both the levels of the FRM exam and gain 2 years of work experience in the field of trading, portfolio management, academic or industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology. If done with focus and dedication, both the levels of the FRM course can be cleared within a year. The FRM certification can be obtained within the duration of 5 years. The FRM part I exam is offered in the months of May, July, and November. The Part II exam of FRM is offered in May and December. These exams are CBT center-based.
FRM Course Eligibility
To appear for the FRM exam, there is no minimum eligibility required. Undergraduates who are in their final year of college can apply for the part I exam. There are certain FRM course eligibility criteria that should be met to obtain the FRM certification by GARP, USA.
The following criteria should be met-
- The candidate must have cleared both, Part I and Part II exams of the FRM course
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Active fellow membership of GARP
FRM Course Syllabus
- The FRM course syllabus is divided into two parts, which cover all the important aspects of FRM.
- The FRM course syllabus is vast, and the candidates require extensive training and preparation to cover it.
FRM course Part I syllabus
- Foundations of Risk Management
- Part I of the FRM course covers the foundation of risk management. It covers what risk management is.
- Risk management is identifying and analyzing the possible risks and treating them after monitoring them closely. It is to predict, evaluate, and avoid the upcoming risks.
- Quantitative Analysis
- In quantitative analysis, the value of a financial asset, such as a stock or option is determined through technical, mathematical, and statistical analysis.
- Quantitative Analysis helps in recording very specific information about entry and exit points, the expected risk of the trade, and the expected return.
- Financial Markets and Products
- Financial Markets and Products gives a brief knowledge about the products and the types of financial markets.
- Some of the few types of financial markets are Equity market, Forex Market, Derivatives Market, etc.
- Valuation and Risk Models
- The Valuation and Risk model assesses the risks and analyzes the values, it estimates how much a company or a set of investments might lose under normal market conditions over a given period.
FRM course Part II syllabus:
- Market Risk Measurement and Management
- The management and measurement of the market risk is very essential for an organization.
- It helps in foreseeing the risks in the market that might come up in the future or are already present.
- Market risk management and measurement teaches how to manage and avoid the market risks.
- Credit Risk Measurement and Management
- Credit risk measurement is the process of evaluating the loss that may occur from the failure of payments from an entity.
- These are loans or investments that a company makes that need to be measured and assessed for risks relating to the borrower and the relevant industry.
- Operational Risk and Resiliency
- Operational risk is the loss that results from a failed internal or external process.
- This loss can result from people, systems, functioning, etc.
- Operational risk and resiliency have different concepts and function individually.
- Liquidity and Treasury Risk Measurement and Management
- Liquidity risk is related to investments taking long to get converted into cash.
- Liquidity risk management is related to having a balance of assets and investments that can be quickly sold for in hand funds when required.
- Risk Management and Investment Management
- Every investment has a certain amount of risk in it. Risk and return are inseparable in the investment world.
- Some of the types of investments are fixed deposits, stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc. Investment and risk management gives an insight on how to make the right investment decisions after evaluating the risks.
FRM Course Details
- The FRM course is one of the most difficult but prestigious courses that are available. Statistics show that candidates who have completed this course have benefitted from it and bagged better opportunities.
- EduPristine has one of the finest training for FRM course in India. Topics such as management of risk, valuation and risk models, financial markets, and products, etc are covered in the FRM course.
- The FRM course details include 75hours of intensive training with industry professionals for the part I. A candidate is eligible for part II only after clearing part I.
- EduPristine offers online as well as classroom training with a 3-day revision or crash course. It provides eBooks for formula charts, summarized study material, and online access to materials and recordings exclusively for its students.
- To know more about theFRM course fees, course details, or enrolment procedure in India, you can visit the center or get in contact with our professionals.
EduPristineprovides exclusive Career Services to all the students. Career Services trains the candidate on developing Soft Skills, resume building and prepares the candidate for the interviews. EduPristine provides Placement Assistance for Accounting jobs and Finance jobs for students to find the right job opportunities after course completion.