The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a global professional accounting body and offers the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification. Candidates can pursue ACCA course in India by registering with theACCA Institute.
Below are the ACCA course details – Structure, Requirements, Eligibility, Duration, and Fees
Below is the ACCA course eligibility in India
- Completed 12th from Commerce stream and passed five subjects including English and Mathematics/ Accounts, with 65% marks in at least two subjects and over 50% marks in others
- Pursuing graduation in Commerce i.e., B. Com, BBA, BMS, etc.
- BA/B.Sc. graduates from a recognized university (no marks restrictions), through a foundation in Accountancy
- Preparing for CPT, IPCC
ACCA course level
Applied Knowledge Level
Applied Skills Level
Strategic Professional Level
Options: (Any 2)
Registration, Exemption and Subscription fee
Initial registration fee
Annual subscription 2020 fee
Exemption fee for Applied Knowledge exams (fee per ACCA exam)
Exemption fee for Applied Skills exams (fee per ACCA exam)
The ACCA course fee in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and all over India is the same.
The exam fee for each subject differs as per the schedule during the year. For the latest ACCA course fee and ACCA Exam fee, you can visit the ACCA website.
For the latest ACCA Course structure and fees in India, refer to the link below: Click Here
ACCA course duration is 2 years for completing all the levels of the ACCA course – Knowledge Level, Skills Level, and Professional Level
The candidate must also obtain a minimum of 36 months of relevant work experience for the ACCA course Final Certificate, Membership, and ACCA Designation.
There are several ways ACCA course provides additional benefits compared to other Professional Accounting courses. Some of them are listed below:
- Start at any level (based on qualification) – Candidates can enroll for the ACCA course at any level, Knowledge Level or Skills Level or Professional Level, as per their academic background and qualification. For commerce graduates, the candidate needs to start from the Knowledge level or Skills level. A CA or IPCC cleared candidate is eligible for the Professional level.
- Considerably convenient – ACCA allows candidates to complete all the exams and in a duration of 10 years. That is the longest period allowed by any institute for any professional qualification. You can appear for the exams as and when you are prepared and convenient.
- Enhanced competency – Most of the professional accounting courses focus on the subjects relevant to Public Accounting, and less weightage is given to topics related to Management Accounting. ACCA course focuses on all the aspects of accounting, whether Public Accounting or Management Accounting. You do not need to pursue two different courses to master the two segments of accounting. You can learn both Public Accounting and Management Accounting in depth with the ACCA course.
- Global Recognition – ACCA course provides you recognition globally and is the most preferred qualification in 159 countries. ACCA has members and students across 178 countries. ACCA professionals get preferential immigration to Australia, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, and many other countries. ACCA has a wide network of more than 7600 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide job opportunities to ACCA students and members.
- International Accounting and Auditing Standards – ACCA course covers International Accounting and Auditing Standards, which are acceptable in the majority of the countries. Country specific accounting standards and principles are only used by companies operating in those countries. It is difficult to learn different accounting standards as per the country of work, thus hampering your global career. Since International Accounting Standards are used by several countries, candidates have better scope for a global career.