SAP certification help validate the expertise and experience of SAP partners, software users, customers and professionals who are looking to be placed in an SAP environment.
So, to begin with, what is SAP?
SAP means Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. SAP by definition is also the name of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software as well as the name of the company.
SAP is #1 in the ERP market. The competitive products of SAP Software in the market are Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics etc.
Why is SAP ERP required?
Based on the manner in which the communication and data exchanged is managed, enterprise systems can be classified as:
- Decentralized System
- Centralized System also called as ERP system
1. Decentralized System
Since the data is managed locally at different departments, it is difficult for the departments to access the data available at the other departments in real time. It is one of the major drawbacks of a decentralized system.
Other drawbacks are:
- Numerous disparate information system are generated individually over time which are difficult to maintain
- Integrating the data from different departments is time and money consuming
- Inconsistencies and duplication of data may occur
- Lack of timely information leads to customer dissatisfaction , loss of revenue and reputation
- High inventory, material, and human resource cost
2. Centralized System/ERP System
To overcome these drawbacks, the centralized system was invented which had many advantages over the old decentralized system.
These advantages are:
- The data is maintained at a central location and shared with all the departments. The departments have access to the data of all the other departments on a real time basis.
- It eliminates the duplication, discontinuity and redundancy in data
- SAP system provides control over various business processes
- It increases productivity, better inventory management , promotes quality , reduced material cost, effective human resources management, reduced overheads boosts profits
- Better customer interaction and increased throughput. It also improves customer service.
Hence, a centralized enterprise management system is required. In additon, SAP software is a centralized enterprise management system also known as Enterprise Resource Planning.
SAP Certification is very expensive which is why in most cases the employer pays for you to clear the exam and get the certification. If you have to pay for the certification then you need to think carefully about your career goals.
If you want to become a SAP consultant then you have to have the SAP certification since a SAP consultant is expected to stay updated in order to be able to lend expertise to companies and help them build hi-tech services.
However, if you are planning to get certified to get a job then you need to join a training institute that guarantees job placement since this field is very much in demand and there will always be more applicants than jobs openings.
Different SAP certifications that are available as per your interest are as follows:
- SAP Certified Associate – SAP Activate Project Manager: The certification exam validates whether SAP focused project managers have advanced business skills and the ability to apply methodologies and tools.
- Certified SAP Business Suite 7 Professional: This certification course will help you to become proficient in various aspects of end-to-end process support like customer engagement, procurement, manufacturing, supplier relationship and customer relationship.
- Certified SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Professional: This certification assesses the candidate’s ability to run the SAP BusinessObjects platform to help organisations to discover and share insights for better business decisions.
- SAP ERP Manager Government Certification: This certification evaluates the candidates according to the need of the company on scores of areas like managing and implementing ERP software, ERP basics, ERP technologies and E-logistics.
Eligibility for a SAP certification
There are no specific requirements for a SAP certification. Applicants need to be graduates (BTech, B.Sc. or B.Com graduates can benefit more) or have a Master’s degree. Computer knowledge and a little knowledge in the area in which you want to do the SAP course will be a big plus.
Benefits of a SAP certification
There are a lot of benefits when you are a certified SAP professional. Here is a list of some of the biggest advantages that you can have in getting a certification:
- Job – We all have hopes of getting a good job in a reputed company. A SAP certification can fulfil this dream, with ample job opportunities for skilled SAP professionals.
- Salary – It is no myth that the certification provides one with the chances of getting a better pay package as compared to one who is not certified. With a SAP certification, you can get an above-average package.
- Reputation – Being certified is a way of establishing your skills. As a certified SAP professional, your reputation in the industry is etched and you will receive a certain sense of respect from your colleagues and employers. This will also motivate them to become certified professionals; improving the talent pool of the organisation.
- Promotion – With the certification, there is a high chance that your career game has changed and you will be able to perform better. The outcome is that you will be noticed by the management, leading to a higher chance of getting a promotion.
Thus, as you can see there are plenty of advantages of doing SAP certification but since, it is also very expensive, you need to think long and hard about it and be very clear before attempting the certification. Please click here to know more about our course on the SAP certification.